1/48 AMK MiG-31BM/BSM Limited Edition

Hi everyone.

We are trying to give exactly what the modeler wanted when we first released our first MiG-31BM/BSM kit 88003. The new version will be kit number 88003-S and denotes it to be a Special Edition.

The criticisms we had of the first kit was the lack of certain items like seatbelts and Instrument decals. Well, we went a step further to bring you this kit - the kit you asked us for.

All in house creations so no aftermarket involved.

1) Metal Landing Gear (11 die-cast parts made in our own factory)

2) Upgraded decal sheet (Germetik sealant and cockpit decals)

3) PE fret including seatbelts and “zaslon” radar (amongst other items)

Shipping expected early September 2016.

57a081660c820_88A003-36-MiG-31BM_BSMPrintedBox-LE-160725-S-top.thumb.jpg.84514f65b5fabe87305515f6804acfdb.jpg

And this is why I am not going to buy new kits just after release anymore. :)/>

Martin, is it possible to buy such upgrade kit, or the only way is to buy new kit?

I would like to second that request!

Just to make it clear, I don't feel jilted or am looking for a handout or anything like that, but to make the upgrade parts available for purchase by those of us who already have the kit would be awesome.

You wouldn't even need pretty packaging... just make it an online order option, throw the parts and any new instructions in a small box or a stiff envelope and send it out. Just a thought.

Yes, please make the die cast metal LG available as a separate item.

I have bought the B/BS and (separately) G-Factor legs; uncharacteristically, only one of the three metal legs is good, although the second main might be repairable. Really need an AMK set!

T

Hi all,

We are listening. I have notified AMK HQ accordingly. I’ll report back to you with their answer in the next day or so.

...and this right here is why I really like AMK. Thank you, Martin!!

Tony,

Can you explain why only one leg is usable and a second one possibly repairable? I have a set of the G-Factor as well.

Thanks

Brad

Yes, please make the die cast metal LG available as a separate item.

I have bought the B/BS and (separately) G-Factor legs; uncharacteristically, only one of the three metal legs is good, although the second main might be repairable. Really need an AMK set!

T

Tony,

Can you explain why only one leg is usable and a second one possibly repairable? I have a set of the G-Factor as well.

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

One of my G-Factor MLG's is badly pitted and needs filling and smoothing. The other MLG is good.

The NLG was cast with an overextended oleo and mispositioned link makng it useless.

T

Hi Tony,

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll be checking mine.

Cheers

Brad

Hi Brad,

One of my G-Factor MLG's is badly pitted and needs filling and smoothing. The other MLG is good.

The NLG was cast with an overextended oleo and mispositioned link makng it useless.

T

OK so Sio listened and we will be producing an Upgrade Kit for the original release of the BM/BSM.

Upgraded PE fret with seatbelts and Zaslon radar

Metal Undercarriage (die-cast)

Upgraded decal sheet

Tinted canopy

Pictures coming on our Facebook page.

So let the games begin.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models