1/48 AMK MiG-31BM/BSM Limited Edition

OK so Sio listened and we will be producing an Upgrade Kit for the original release of the BM/BSM.

Upgraded PE fret with seatbelts and Zaslon radar

Metal Undercarriage (die-cast)

Upgraded decal sheet

Tinted canopy

Pictures coming on our Facebook page.

So let the games begin.

This news pleases me !

First let me say this is yet another great decision on AMK's part, that will keep me a dedicated customer for a long time to come. But, I just want to be sure I understand, is AMK going to release both a limited edition of the MiG-31 kit AND the detail set separately? If the latter be the case, I will more than likely be in for three sets, one for the BM/BSM and two for the B/BS. TIA,

Rick

Edited by madmanrick

First let me say this is yet another great decision on AMK's part, that will keep me a dedicated customer for a long time to come. But, I just want to be sure I understand, is AMK going to release both a limited edition of the MiG-31 kit AND the detail set separately? If the latter be the case, I will more than likely be in for three sets, one for the BM/BSM and two for the B/BS. TIA,

Rick

There is no reason to get the upgrade set for MiG-31B/BS boxing considering everything minus the metal landing gear is already in the B/BS boxing. Unless you want the metal landing gear in particular that is.

AMK first released BM/BMS boxing. With time they listened to feedback and figured out minor things to improve for the MiG-31 kit in general. These improvements were first added to B/BS kit because that was being released at the time etc. Now these improvements + metal landing gear are finding their way in the special BM/BSM boxing. The upgraded PE, decals and instruction sheet was always in the B/BS boxing, from the start.

PS; Hehe, also noticed that the box design itself is also changed to B/BS style, which i lobbied tiny bit for. :P

Edited by Berkut

Martin/Sio,

Fantastic news on releasing the upgrade as a separate item. Thank you very much for taking our feedback into consideration. This sort of service is unparalleled and will bring many people coming back to your products. Well done and thanks again.

Now, about that 1/32 Mirage 2000...

Sorry couldn't help myself... :shoot:

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

There is no reason to get the upgrade set for MiG-31B/BS boxing considering everything minus the metal landing gear is already in the B/BS boxing. Unless you want the metal landing gear in particular that is.

AMK first released BM/BMS boxing. With time they listened to feedback and figured out minor things to improve for the MiG-31 kit in general. These improvements were first added to B/BS kit because that was being released at the time etc. Now these improvements + metal landing gear are finding their way in the special BM/BSM boxing. The upgraded PE, decals and instruction sheet was always in the B/BS boxing, from the start.

I have the B/BS boxing and the uncharateristically naff G-Factor legs, bought separately.

I am in the market for AMK legs.

Yes, the B/BS boxing has the etch and pink germatika canopy sealant on the decal sheet, but all these behemoths require metal legs regardless of the specific release editon

T

Rick

Please see new thread I created. All sets sold separately. The Limited Edition will have everything.

Hello gang,

Where in the USA can I buy this set?

Thanks,

Ernie A.

I'd keep an eye on spruebrothers. If not then ebay and the overseas online places. Trying to buy one of these kits from a local or US retailer has been a challenge.

I'd keep an eye on spruebrothers. If not then ebay and the overseas online places. Trying to buy one of these kits from a local or US retailer has been a challenge.

Yeah, that's my worry. Its all well and good but if you can't easily access one without paying through the nose then its all for not :( .

Hi all,

In the USA you should have no problem. I am really surprised to hear this.

Please can you PM me with your locations and I will point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Martin, it could be nice to buy all AMK's kits in Poland, but it is really not so easy.

I am afraid there is no distributor of your products in my country, so buying such kits it is just a challenge. :)

Martin, it could be nice to buy all AMK's kits in Poland, but it is really not so easy.

I am afraid there is no distributor of your products in my country, so buying such kits it is just a challenge. :)/>

Hi Solo,

We have a distributor in Poland. I will email him once you answer the below.

What is the name of your Local Hobby Shop? If you can get me their information, contact email and address I will arrange it through the Distributor as far as I can. Please PM me with this information or send me an email:

martin@amkhobby.comNOSPAM (remove NOSPAM).

Where in the USA can I buy this set?

DragonUSA has been one of the U.S. importers of the AMK line so far and I suspect they will continue. Although they are not currently listing it for pre-order I suspect that they will shortly, assuming the Sept. release date is firm and doesn't slip for any reason.

Rick

Hi Rick.

There should be no reason to miss September. I suspect the kits can be physically in the shops (shipping method depending) by mid October (ish). That said, things happen beyond our control but we are certainly working hards towards that.

Martin understood! And I was simply allowing for the Murphy's Law principle, but I am hoping that you make that release date!

Rick

Well, I bought the B/BS kit this week at the NATS and it looks like I'll get the BM/BSM limited edition as well. This, combined with two Tamiya Tomcats I'm getting is going to be painful on the wallet. Oh well, we live but only once!

Rob

Edited by galileo1

can someone explain why the G-factor brass gear is crap?

From the pictures I have seen, the casting is not up to there usual standard. The casts were pretty soft and some casting material was trapped in some of teh recesses of the struts.

Our die-cast gear will be second to none. Wait for them to come out :P/>/>

I already bought the Gfactor gear and the furball decals, but I am going to buy your update kit for thee photetch and gear and i want to support the great idea you have to come up with the update set, its awesome that you care about your product and make changes which we can add if we wish…hooray I have the Mig-31, I will buy the Mig 25 and I will buy the F-14, I might even buy a Kfir, its a great time to be a modeler, new manufacturers and new products, nobody wouldve thought anybody could compete with or even beat Tamiya a year ago-I dont know if they won any awards but the 2 Mig 31s at the Nats were beautiful

Edited by DarkKnight
  • 4 weeks later...