1/48 AMK MiG-31BM/BSM Limited Edition

Having received my L.E. MiG-31 BM/BSM, as well as the upgrade kits for both the BM/BSM & B/BS, I can tell you they simply sublime and well worth the money. I will also say that I highly recommend Sincere Hobby for these (if available) and any of the rest of their stock. They are a good partner for AMK imho.

Well, I guess I chose the wrong place to order mine, as they haven't even received them yet from China? I am at a total loss as to why we have to wait for these items. It's almost like we are being punished for something.

Brad :(

ordered mines at HobbyEasy and got them  monday. didn't odered the full new kit, but both the BM/BSM upgrade set and the Cast Metal set.(for my B/BS kit)  

DSCN0342_zpst5hvkwwb.jpg

the Cast Metal Parts set comes in a cute plastic box, about the size of a smartphone...tree times thicker!

DSCN0345_zpsffy3a2kg.jpg

the casting itself of the parts is very sharp...with very little to do to make them perfect.(just some cleaning on one part, seen bottom left)

DSCN0344_zpsqqwbm169.jpg

Edited by mingwin

the Upgrade set comes in a small and slim boxe (19cm X23cm X2,5cm.) 

DSCN0346_zpsvjnliano.jpg

here's the content of the box

DSCN0347_zpsneqsvzr9.jpg

can't wait to use all those nice goodies on my two upcoming MiG-31 builds...

next, when my hobby room will be ready (since my wife and I have move to a new home last summer, haven't had much time/room for modeling...)

DSCN0349_zpszopholhc.jpg

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

Having received my L.E. MiG-31 BM/BSM, as well as the upgrade kits for both the BM/BSM & B/BS, I can tell you they simply sublime and well worth the money. I will also say that I highly recommend Sincere Hobby for these (if available) and any of the rest of their stock. They are a good partner for AMK imho.

Couldn't agree more!  The packaging is superb, as is the quality of the parts... not that I'd expect anything less from AMK!

I also concur with the recommendation about Sincere Hobby:  I'd never bought from them before this, but I definitely will do so again.  Fast postage to Melbourne AU, items well-packed, and excellent customer service.

Thank you everyone. The parts have been very meticulously molded and should be perfect in every way.

No one is being punished for anything by the way. There are reasons why things take longer to get to the US and the west than to China and Hong Kong, depending on the method chosen by the distributor to ship items, this makes a difference in timing as well.

This is not the only reason things get delayed, customs, shipping, factory matters, personnel problems (people getting sick or getting married), payment delays, communication issues, courier problems, collection delays, you name it.

We and your distributors work hard to get things done right for you but as a young company ourselves, we are still learning the ropes. I can’t promise to get things right all the time but I can promise to try.

The Master pitot is fantastic with true scale replication of the real pitot and the very small antennas on it. A soft resin was used for the middle antenna part to avoid braking them off during construction.

The good thing is that you only need to attach the base part to the radom during build of the kit. The very delicate true scale replicas of the antennas and the PVD 18 pitot head on the front are separate parts so you can save them to the very last moment of the build to avoid any damage! Good idea from Master!!! 

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Martin, in the MiG-31BM/BSM upgrade kit for AMK 88003

there is 3 new decal options on the decal sheet provided with... but i found no placement instruction in the set... nor on your website...

could you please tell me where i can find them.

thank You

Simon

hi martin.

i understand the will to keep the cost down, and really appreciate. but it's a bit far fetched in that case... i would easily understand as to why, not to provide an extra printed sheet in the set.

but then, what do i do with those nice extra bort numbers? Red 01, Red 38 and Blue 84.? (01 Mikhail Sementcov, 38 Nikolaï Klepikov)  are they in the "special edition MiG-31MB/BSM also?, then, are you providing some profiles, as placement guide?for those extra schemes... if yes, then shouldn't be that hard, to upload them on your facebook page.

thanks again

Simon

Simon, I have the Limited Edition kit and it does indeed have the profiles you are asking about. I will scan them and send them to you if you like. PM me your email and I will get them out as soon as I can download the latest driver for my scanner.

Rick

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

Simon, I have the Limited Edition kit and it does indeed have the profiles you are asking about. I will scan them and send them to you if you like. PM me your email and I will get them out as soon as I can download the latest driver for my scanner.

Rick

Thank you Rick for your kind offer. but there is no rush, i'm not eagerly in need for them right now... but still would have been curious to see what i've bought! so, you can take your time with your scanner's driver update, do it as you've planned...no hurry.

maybe this will gives time for AMK to upload those profiles, as i'm surely not the only person in that situation (buying the upgrade set...and being curious of what i've bought!) ...but if it takes too long, i might come back to you

Thanks again

Simon

59 minutes ago, mingwin said:

...maybe this will gives time for AMK to upload those profiles, as i'm surely not the only person in that situation (buying the upgrade set...and being curious of what i've bought!) ...

Thanks again

Simon

Indeed. I too am in no rush so perhaps a fix will come in by the time I get there.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...