Sujibori-do BMC Steel Blade Chisels 0.075mm

Hi,

I'm new with this brand of scribers (they look like miniature Katanas!), for polistyrene plastic. Saw a Japanese modeller use them once and I was hooked. The panel lines are a dream when done with these blades. Just received a couple of blades from HobbyLink, #0.075mm and #0.125mm, to use on my 1/48th scale aircraft kits.

However, it's sort of difficult to follow the instructions, as they're printed on the back sleeve in Japanese. The only things I can make out is the "How to" sign and the drawing on the correct direction in which to use the blades while scribing, but there's a lot of data printed on the back sleeve which I'd like to know about.

Here's a picture:

SANY0459_zpsivldagip.jpg

If you guys over there in Japan could give me a hand with this, I'm sure these beauties will soon become a must among modellers. They're the finest tools I've come across as o late. A tad expensive, but totally worth them.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

You just pull it.

<_< Yes, I had watched that one already, still my question remains unanswered.

Wouldn't a 0.2mm blade be way too wide to use on 1/48 aircraft in order to make panel lines?

Nice music too.

:woot.gif: Seriously? Not objecting to your music tastes, but wouldn't have

been a lot more suitable, like...?

Got this from Korea a while back. I was gonna say how great it worked, then i realized the front tip had snapped off during scribing. Proof solid steel can break. Not getting any more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STYLE-X-DT-725-Steel-Panelliner-D-0-2mm-Plastic-Model-Hobby-Military-/172212169020?hash=item2818a5293c:g:RScAAOSwXSJXPVLT

Proof solid steel can break. Not getting any more.

Proof you've stressed the use of it very far. This is one of the many warnings about the correct use of my tool I surmised are printed on its label sleeve, and why I bothered asking a helping Japanese-spoken modeller on this forum before using it.

Already bothered to drop an e-mail to the Sujibori-do dudes up in Japan, but hell if they ever answered... :rolleyes:

Then again; Korean steel ain't the same as Japanese. This is the same steel the Samurai katanas were made of.

Or you think there ever were any Samurais in Korea? ;)