Werner's Wings is pleased to officially announce that Kitty Hawk will release a 1/35th scale UH-1D/H. The first issue will be a Vietnam era version. Future releases will include post-Vietnam and foreign Hueys.

Ray Wilhite and myself have been instrumental in the development of the CAD artwork.

The Werner's Wings Facebook page has some early CAD artwork. Changes have been made. We are almost there though.

Christmas for the Little Bird and after Christmas for the Huey. Wonder what could be next?

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Great news, Floyd. A big thanks to you, Ray and the Kitty Hawk crew for all the work that has gone into this kit (and the work, no doubt, that has yet to be done). If you and Ray are listened to, it'll be accurate in every detail and thus will be a winner for Kitty Hawk.

The question now is, which version to build? Something with a sugar-scoop exhaust gets my vote. Cheers. :thumbsup:

LD.

Got all excited...then realized it was Kitty Hawk.

You might want to look at some of their newer stuff. If Revell or Dragon or any of the other major manufacturers had any interest in doing something other than repopping their old crappy Huey kits, we could have had a fantastic Huey ages ago.

Ray

Great news, Floyd. A big thanks to you, Ray and the Kitty Hawk crew for all the work that has gone into this kit (and the work, no doubt, that has yet to be done). If you and Ray are listened to, it'll be accurate in every detail and thus will be a winner for Kitty Hawk.

The question now is, which version to build? Something with a sugar-scoop exhaust gets my vote. Cheers. 70.gif

LD.

A;ll i can promise is that Floyd and I put a lot of effort into making sure they had the correct info. I am as excited as everyone else to see this project finally coming to pass.

Ray

I just cant believe what im seeing.

A big thanks to you for listening to all of us.

I have no doubt if Ray and Floyd are in the team, the model will be accurate. I will buy a couple kits for sure!

BIG THANKS!

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

You might want to look at some of their newer stuff. If Revell or Dragon or any of the other major manufacturers had any interest in doing something other than repopping their old crappy Huey kits, we could have had a fantastic Huey ages ago.

Ray

I'm currently building the Kingfisher and it's the worst modern kit I've ever built by a mile.

I have every bit of faith in the accuracy of the design by those involved, but where I loose faith is when it gets passed to the folks that have to turn that into a model kit. I expect stupid parts breakdown and engineering decisions, poor fit, mismatched location pin and alignment hole sizes, sloppy sprue gates, and weak flimsy small parts. I'm more than open to being proved wrong, but I'm not too hopeful. However, this is one of those subjects where I'll likely just have to suffer through it to build one. Much like the Kingfisher.

Awesome news another bird to add to the stash. But one thing I don't understand is why the manufactures seem to avoid the navy and marine heavy helos like the mh and ch-53. I realize it would be huge and expensive but so are a lot of kits out there the 200 scale ships go for well over 250-300$ and are over 4 feet long, some armour kits as well are expensive and large.i thinks its time these work horses were represented in 1/35. just my opinion .

Lindsay

Awesome news another bird to add to the stash. But one thing I don't understand is why the manufactures seem to avoid the navy and marine heavy helos like the mh and ch-53. I realize it would be huge and expensive but so are a lot of kits out there the 200 scale ships go for well over 250-300$ and are over 4 feet long, some armour kits as well are expensive and large.i thinks its time these work horses were represented in 1/35. just my opinion .

Lindsay

CH 53 in 1/35 would rock

Great news, thanks for all the hard work you two put into this. Hope the Vietnam version will still have the sugarscoop and associated gear.

Really looking forward to the late version the most. That was "my ride to work" for a brief time before the -60 came along. Good memories.

Any chance for 1/48? Love the fact that a newer and modern company like KittyHawk is finally tackling these subjects that are often forgotten, but just make sure they are available in multiple scales please. Some people don't have the luxury of building and maintaining anything larger that 1/48 or 1/72 (active-duty Army) lol.

Any chance for 1/48? Love the fact that a newer and modern company like KittyHawk is finally tackling these subjects that are often forgotten, but just make sure they are available in multiple scales please. Some people don't have the luxury of building and maintaining anything larger that 1/48 or 1/72 (active-duty Army) lol.

I didn't get to dictate the scale or it would have been 1/72 for sure! Honestly, I'm just happy to see a real effort to get a correct kit. I am very honored that Floyd let me help with this project. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Ray