6 hours ago, 11bee said:

I thought I heard something a while back about possibly also releasing the Huey in 48th.   Seems logical, if you have the CAD's all set, it's pretty straightforward to scale them down (or up).    Sounds good to me, just hope they still are focused on getting the 35th version out first. 

EDIT - I just went to their website, they took down the blurb on the 35th Huey, now only have this listed.   That's disappointing, I've got zero interest in 48th helos.    I guess we are back to using the good ole Dragon kit if we want a 35th Huey.  Not feeling any love for KH these days....

That's disturbing...

I would be gutted if the 35th was not happening after all this. I too have zero interest in 48th.

Say it 'aint so

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

The first post in this thread is Floyd announcing a 1/35 kit, I'm sure he has the info correct.

Floyd made it clear from the getgo that all he is providing is research data.   It's up to KH on what they do with it.  

Hope you are right on this but given what they posted on their website, I'm skeptical.  

My first ever post on a forum and I go and do this. What was I thinking?  My only hope now is that KH release their Huey in both 1/48 and 1/35 scales over the next 12 months so that I needn't be remembered as the DH that dropped this bomb.  I think I was in shock.   Anyway, my apologies to those of you feeling as deflated as I do right now.  So close....

Kind regards

Gutted of Christchurch, New Zealand.

Edited by the_enforcer
New Zealand isn't one word.

That is correct.  When we, Ray and I, entered this endeavor we were under the impression that this was a 1/35th scale project.  It was recently passed to us that it had been changed to a 1/48th scale project.  Despite protests from me they are doing the 1/48th scale for helicopters for now.  The AH/MH-6J models will be the only 1/35th for now.  For now.

I encourage everyone to write KH directly at their contact page AND Facebook page and let them know you WANT and NEED a 1/35th scale Huey.  Maybe if enough modelers complain/request we can make it happen.  They have said that they will do it in the future, but I think we need it ASAP as Vietnam vets are dying faster than WWII ones.

It will still be the most accurate kit of the UH-1D/H available in whatever scale it is released in.  

Please feel free to pass this onto other forums and newsgroups.  The more outcry for the large scale Huey the better.  Then of course when it is released, in whatever scale, buy it and lots of them as it gives us credence for our want lists.  I'm only one voice but together we can make this happen.

Floyd

1 hour ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

That is correct.  When we, Ray and I, entered this endeavor we were under the impression that this was a 1/35th scale project.  It was recently passed to us that it had been changed to a 1/48th scale project.  Despite protests from me they are doing the 1/48th scale for helicopters for now.  The AH/MH-6J models will be the only 1/35th for now.  For now.

1 hour ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Not feeling the love for KH.  Between this, the way they have responded to folks over criticism over some of their aircraft kits (criticism which by all accounts is well deserved) and the cute little meme they put up on their FB page slagging people (their customers) who dared to disagree with what they offer for kits.   In the end, there are plenty of other models to build so life goes on.   Floyd, despite your comment above, I assume the MH-6J is also cancelled, "for now", since they took down all the CADS showing that variant?

Ugh. Devastated. That's me done. Been waiting for so many years for this and now after all this talk and anticipation it's not happening, will be surprised if we ever see a 1/35 Huey ever now, at least not for the next 10 years..no matter how much we complain or protest. 

The only really accurate Huey kit is the 1/35 MRC UH-1C kit. This would have been a great companion So it makes no sense to do this in 1/48. But then again has any manufacturer ever listened to the actual modeller - clearly not. 

Stupid decision IMO

I bet this 48 Huey will be as awesome as the KH UH-1Y :) I know we are going to love! Now we can feel sad and all that stuff but once you have that box open and see an almost perfect kit you will forget all the things in the first 9 pages of this post 

Personally, I want a awesome 1/72 UH-1H and I think you have a much better chance of seeing a 1/35 one than a 1/72 one.  I'm fine with 1/48 but I do feel for those of you who are committed to 1/35.  I "build around" you might say and care much more about subject matter than scale.  Trust me though, Floyd and I are as bummed as you guys that KH would ciommit to one scale and change right before production. 

Ray

24 minutes ago, KAGNEW said:

hi all: this is the latest information.

we will do a large line of 1/48 U S  helicopters.

but i promise a line of 1/35 Huey's & Cobra's in the not to distant future.

Glen

Glen,

Thanks for stopping by and addressing this issue.  I know personally I can't wait for a new tool Huey in ANY scale!

Ray

Its very sad, i was really anxious about the 1/35 Huey, but at least we will have the 1/48 version and will be far better than the Italeri one.

Thank you KAGNEW for clearing this up, hope to see the rest of the models soon.

Rod.

1 hour ago, KAGNEW said:

hi all: this is the latest information.

we will do a large line of 1/48 U S  helicopters.

but i promise a line of 1/35 Huey's & Cobra's in the not to distant future.

Glen

Sounds great Glen, thanks for the update.  If I could ask, what's your guesstimate on "not too distant future"?

Thanks very much for your interest in helos (of all scales).   Hope if the Littlebird sells, you'll consider a Vietnam era 35th scale OH-6A (in addition to the Huey and Cobra mentioned above). 

when we drafted Floyd the intention was several 1/35 helo's. we are a very small company. we are hoping that some of the 1/48 kits we have coming

will help pay for the larger molds of 1/35 & 1/32 scale aircraft i want to do.

so please bare with us.

Glen

Well I was happy for you 1/35th guys who were getting a big scale Huey but I was sad since I build in 1/48th. Probably would not have had a sale with me but now for sure I will pick up this new 1/48 UH-1H kit. I already have several ESCI and Italeri kits so those can probably be donated to a needy group when the KH kit comes out :rolleyes:

Still have to get the AH-1Z and the UH-1Y kit but have the other KH helicopter kits in 1/48. Who knows since I love helicopters I may even pick up the UH-1H in 1/35th. After all I do have the Trumpeter Hind and the Heller Super Frelon in those scales.

By the way, and this may sound a bit stupid, but why precisely in 1/35 and not 1/32? I just realized this, I mean aircraft kits are in 1/32, but tanks etc. in 1/35. Because of that..? Just out of curiosity!