Well as a 1/48th guy I'm happy as a pig in shoot as they say.  Sorry for the 1/35 crowd but the marketing intel must be coming from somewhere to suggest the 1/48 is a safer bet to kick them off.  FWIW I did a poll on here last year about your favourite scale for helos.  1/48 was a solid winner but most of the comments were left by either 1/35 or 1/72 guys.  Curious.

Anyway unless this kit is a complete clusterf*ck then I will be getting a few and doing my bit.    

Floyd does this mean you might consider resizing your follow on decal sheets to 1/48th ?

13 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Yes of course.  I'll still release them in 1/35th scale too.  I may consider 1/32nd and 1/72nd.

Floyd

Floyd, hello, Will you on a feature make 1/48 Medevac decals for the Huey??

I have the Fireball modelworks Flat Iron UH-1H/V decals, they include medevacs and Georgia guard Hueys, i think they will fit with the new KH Huey, but would be great if Floyd release a new decal sheet, and include some mickey mouse medevacs and others...

Rod.

14 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

I have the Fireball modelworks Flat Iron UH-1H/V decals, they include medevacs and Georgia guard Hueys, i think they will fit with the new KH Huey, but would be great if Floyd release a new decal sheet, and include some mickey mouse medevacs and others...

Rod.

It was basically impossible for me to get them during the fireball era.. but never again.. Ill made them with vinyl and stencils , when living in us I got a set of those you have I remember.

There will be at least two Medevac aircraft included.  Novosel's and a white elephant at the very minimum.  Crandall and Freeman's aircraft will be included because I'm a 1-7 Cav alumni and it is a moral imperative.  Ray's dad's Huey, Bo Robert's, a couple of other modelers that I can't remember off the top of my head will be on the sheet.  In all I believe we will have 20 aircraft.  'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' and 'IF you ain't Cav, you ain't shoot' will be included.  'America love it or leave it'  and 'Death before Dishonor' are ringing a bell. 

Bottom line if you have family or friends that flew the Huey in Vietnam send me the photos and we'll try.  I make no promises but we'd rather do historically significant ones and ones that belong to friends.  fwernerjr@comcast.net .  If we don't include it don't take it personal. 

Heck I might even include a fictitious one from a certain surfing film and have Werner's Wings produce some long surfboards and mounts along with some phsyops equipment.  Shall we dance, gentleman?  Put on the Romeo Foxtrot.  Might put it in there.

We'll do a post-Vietnam sheet as soon as KH announces the release.  So if you flew them let us know and send the pics.  I keep hearing all this stuff about Mickey Mouse in Desert Storm.  I've never seen it.  Send it to me.  You can bet if I can find the tail number of 1-7 Cav's Huey that will be on there.   

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Forogt post Vietnam blurb
On 4/27/2017 at 5:16 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Don't get me started but we are working on it.  I think the Vietnam era Huey went when the scale changed.  They just didn't mention it to us.  LOL  We are working on it. We can only make suggestions.  It is up to the CAD and Artists to do the right thing.  I also want to see the plastic before I have a coronary. LOL  I think we will be happy.  Patience, Ray and I are doing our best.

Floyd

So, I am a little confused yet. Is the new 1/48 a Vietnam era kit or not?

1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

So, I am a little confused yet. Is the new 1/48 a Vietnam era kit or not?

It should be.  The marking options shown are misleading but from all that was posted, the kit will allow you to build a Nam era Huey.   It won't have the bits for a later version. 

On 4/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, KAGNEW said:

he has a 40 day shipping disclaimer. I think that will be fairly accurate time frame.

So from your post of April 10, we are looking at the kit hitting the shelves mid-late May.   Not very far off.  As such, any reason why you aren't able to release pics of the actual plastic?  

As I'm sure you must have the contents of the klt finalized, can you at least confirm / deny whether you will have a full set of PE seat belts (not just for the pilot seats but for all the crew seats)?

Thanks

after spending the day with Floyd yesterday, i think this is what will happen.

as i  get parts to kit, i will send them to Floyd. he is the father of this kit.

i will let him decide when i put pictures on the net.

Thanx Glen

18 minutes ago, KAGNEW said:

as i  get parts to kit, i will send them to Floyd. he is the father of this kit.

Thanx Glen

Awesome! can't wait for those pics.  That's a nice gesture sending them to Floyd.  

What about the question on PE for this kit?  Can you provide some info Glenn?

nothing is complete on the kit, not even the boxart. we are making changes to everything as per Floyd & Ray.

i don't think the German eBay guys timeline is accurate anymore. i want this kit a good as we can do it.

so if it takes a little longer i think all will be happy with results.

49 minutes ago, KAGNEW said:

Thanx Glen

Good! 

Cant wait! ...

:) until the KH arrive I took an old bad revell 1/48 UH-1C and working on this.. I am taking the pain this revell kit give to us 

thanks for all the effort Me Glen

I am 100% positive the KH Huey will  be a amazing great Kit! 

24 minutes ago, KAGNEW said:

nothing is complete on the kit, not even the boxart. we are making changes to everything as per Floyd & Ray.

i don't think the German eBay guys timeline is accurate anymore. i want this kit a good as we can do it.

so if it takes a little longer i think all will be happy with results.

Thank you Glen!  Much appreciated.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Here is your update.  Ray and I found some last minute issues with the kit. We want them fixed.  You want them fixed.  We of course want the artwork correct too but we'll settle for the parts being done.  ALL the parts, post Vietnam and Vietnam era to be done and done right.  We want this to be THE only Huey kit you'll want in 1/48th scale and later in 1/35th scale.  You can have it fast or you can have it right.  We prefer right.  You may not agree with it, but it is their money.  Hopefully I'll see a pre-production model soon.  Once I'm happy with what I see I'll share it with you all, good and bad.  There shouldn't be anything bad with all the work we've done.  Depending on what KH wants to do I may do an online build of the pre-production model.  More information will come as it develops.  And no 1/144th is not the new scale. 

Floyd

30 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Here is your update.  Ray and I found some last minute issues with the kit. We want them fixed.  You want them fixed.  We of course want the artwork correct too but we'll settle for the parts being done.  ALL the parts, post Vietnam and Vietnam era to be done and done right.  We want this to be THE only Huey kit you'll want in 1/48th scale and later in 1/35th scale.  You can have it fast or you can have it right.  We prefer right.  You may not agree with it, but it is their money.  Hopefully I'll see a pre-production model soon.  Once I'm happy with what I see I'll share it with you all, good and bad.  There shouldn't be anything bad with all the work we've done.  Depending on what KH wants to do I may do an online build of the pre-production model.  More information will come as it develops.  And no 1/144th is not the new scale. 

Floyd

Done right is the go. Thanks for the update