• 2 weeks later...

well it looks like the 1/35th kit is going to be toast! Breaks my heart. I had six kids, plus a LRRP team placed inside a cigar box waiting on the kit. Looks like I start all over in gathering parts! Not sure I'm good enough to paint 1/48th figures, but who knows. Now who makes good 1/48th Vietnam era figures these days. I need strait infantry and SF without berets. Their load outs must be optional.

gary

Because I am Huey blood, from my begining of US Army service. I waited with MAXX ANTICIPATION for the Kittyhawk UH-1Y.  I bought one, and I can HONESTLY say,

GREAT job. I think the greatest challenge will be mating the multi piece fuselage, for acceptable results when complete. The Good point is that this approach of assembly, opens the ability to add more detail or mods for engines, or interior details. ALL in ALL  GREAT KIT. Can't wait to get the AH-1Z

2 hours ago, Todd said:

Because I am Huey blood, from my begining of US Army service. I waited with MAXX ANTICIPATION for the Kittyhawk UH-1Y.  I bought one, and I can HONESTLY say,

GREAT job. I think the greatest challenge will be mating the multi piece fuselage, for acceptable results when complete. The Good point is that this approach of assembly, opens the ability to add more detail or mods for engines, or interior details. ALL in ALL  GREAT KIT. Can't wait to get the AH-1Z

How many pieces will the main fuselage be?

1 hour ago, huey_crew_chief said:

How many pieces will the main fuselage be?

I believe he is referring to the UH-1Y, that kit comes with the nose, windshield section and tail boom apart from the fuselage, pretty strange.

Rod.

17 hours ago, salvador001 said:

I believe he is referring to the UH-1Y, that kit comes with the nose, windshield section and tail boom apart from the fuselage, pretty strange.

Rod.

Correct!, I wasn't talking about anything else but the UH-1Y in 1/48th.

The fuselage, is made up of nose,mid,tail boom, and engine covers,roof. Totally unlike any other Helo w/ side to side type fuselage parts