19 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

What dampeners?  We have some things we see too but we loved the rotor system

I think they are referring to this section;

1114%20-%20Copy_zps9shmklxo.jpg

They are placed too high on the kit rotor

I was initially disappointed about it being in 1/48, but after seeing these pics I am fired up about this kit.  I will be ordering this kit as soon as it is available!  Thanks Ray and Floyd for all the hard work you have done and to KH for releasing this kit.  While I am sure it ain't perfect, I am also sure it's gonna be a great kit!

OK here is what Ray and I have found based off of the released photos and to address some of the comments on here.

The UH-1 and AH-1 have had skid shoes since the earliest days.  They come in two sizes.  A thicker one is used for training or rough terrain.

The M-60 Brass Catcher is too small.  We told them that but there maybe another option in the box.  We'll wait on the plastic.  We also had the field mod M23 system with the 20mm ammo box and the C Ration can assist.  That was drawn but I'm not sure if it actually made the box.  We'll have to wait and see.  If they didn't do it, Werner's Wings will probably do it for you.

The pictures don't show any seatbelts or shoulder harnesses on the front or back seats.  We told them to include them and there were PE ones in one of the last CAD drawings so I think we'll have them in the kit.  Hopefully.

The engine door hinges are to scale.  I could be wrong but I think they are right

The PE boxes on the pilot's door will just not need to be installed. We told them to leave them off.

The dampners on the Main Rotor system we'll just have to wait and see.

Not sure what is meant by the 'Center Windshield Frame needs to be straight on the left upper side corner'.  So I can't answer that one.  We'll probably have to live with it.

Pitot tube too long.  They forgot to cut off the sprue attachment point.  It may be long, but I don't think so as we used a side profile view of a real one.  Maybe but I don't think it is off.

Beacon light.  It is a later type of light but if you look at it and remove the top piece on the clear part then it is more representative of a Vietnam era bulb.  If you don't remove it, it is still a type used on later UH-1Hs.

The WIP antenna on the roof is not installed on Vietnam era Hueys.  Just don't install it.  We'll see what other goodies KH left in the box.  Maybe APR-39 antenna mounts and hopefully the IPS and toilet bowl exhaust.  I'll let you know as soon as I have the plastic.  They were given the information but not sure if it made it into plastic.

The nose antenna and pitot tube spots on the nose are easily filled.  That was a compromise that we came up with.  Ray and I said we didn't want to have holes in the nose.  They chose to do it this way.  I like the compromise.  They are easy enough to fill.  Its called modeling.  LOL

There is a dot on the tailboom that we didn't want.

The kick panels for the roof access should be flush mounted and just be scribed panels.  The one on the engine panel is recessed but it should be flush as well.  All that is easy enough to deal with.  Sorry we didn't pick up on that.  There is no way to see it on CAD.  Hopefully we can get that fixed. 

Also missing from these pictures are the sliding door stops, they were in previous CAD so I presume they just weren't added to this model for some reason.

We have yet to see the instrument panel since the early CAD.  Hopefully they got it right.  We provided the information for a Vietnam Huey so we'll see. 

That is about it as far as we could tell.  We are pretty proud of it.  Is it perfect?  No, but it is pretty damn close.  We'll see what comes in the box.  I think we'll like what we see.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
16 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Not sure what is meant by the 'Center Windshield Frame needs to be straight on the left upper side corner'.  So I can't answer that one.  We'll probably have to live with it.

He means that the one side of the center support on the windshield should continue strait up to the top, not go out.  I think the ambient air temp gauge is on the right side, that is way the support piece juts out at an angle at the very top of the center support.  The left side does not do that.    

as a test shot build= we just glue everything on to make sure it fits. this build does not represent any helicopter era. just trying to make sure it all fits like it should.

thank you for input.

Glen

1 minute ago, KAGNEW said:

as a test shot build= we just glue everything on to make sure it fits. this build does not represent any helicopter era. just trying to make sure it all fits like it should.

thank you for input.

Glen

Glenn, will the APR 39 mounts and toilet bowl be in the kit?

6 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Glenn, will the APR 39 mounts and toilet bowl be in the kit?

And a full set of PE seat belts?   Can you also tell us whether those heavy panels on the fuselage will be addressed as well?  

41 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

This is what i meant about the center windshield frame corners.

Rod.

j2k52_zpsz0ew54ay.png

Rod,

I went back and looked at the CAD drawing and it only had the angle for the static port.  I'm not sure why the windshield has two angles now.  In fact,you can see it here on this early CAD released on the Kitty Hawk page.  The static port is also represented in this CAD drawing.  All Floyd and i have to go on is what we are sent.  You can also see why we had no idea about the relief of the various panels and the kick steps.

Ray

a7425a_cd26847bf0084f979001c9c8d48450e5~mv2_d_3000_1687_s_2.webp

Edited by rotorwash
6 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

What dampeners?  We have some things we see too but we loved the rotor system

It looks like it's going to be an excellent model kit, but to be honest I see a couple of mistakes in the rotor head... It seems to be quite compressed vertically with components too close to each other and the long struts (sorry, I don't know the correct name) are attached to the wrong side. The whole rotor assembly also seems to seat a bit too deep in the fuselage.

34829708291_2ffef96b00_o.jpg34118715564_d0cb068f32_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Vodnik said:

It looks like it's going to be an excellent model kit, but to be honest I see a couple of mistakes in the rotor head... It seems to be quite compressed vertically with components too close to each other and the long struts (sorry, I don't know the correct name) are attached to the wrong side. The whole rotor assembly also seems to seat a bit too deep in the fuselage.

34829708291_2ffef96b00_o.jpg34118715564_d0cb068f32_o.jpg

I think I see where you are pointing at here. Keep in mind guys that the person putting this together is probably doing so with incomplete or no instructions. When I go back to the cads I wonder if the parts are ok just not assembled correctly?

1 hour ago, huey_crew_chief said:

A lot of people on facebook complaining on negative rivets..geez in 48 that so not an issue.  I can live with all of this.  I am SO THANKFUL for you guys doing this!!!!

I can understand. I think it would look better with raised but then folks won't like size or the loss when matting parts.

Does seem strange to go divets but raised only on the b pillar toe holds. Unless I am not seeing it clearly this morning. Easy fix either way.

In 1/48 i dont care that much of rivets, remember the Italeri lacks of rivets. But for  the 1/35 version they definitly must have RAISED rivets just like the MRC UH-1C.

The rotor head looks  fantastic, but it has some issues as the ones Vodnik cited. I am sure this things can be fixed easy.

Now the big question: When will the model be available in stores? I at least will buy 10 of them.

Rod.

11 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Ironically enough no one even noticed the test build lacks a tail stinger!  Don't worry, I know THAT's in the box!

Ray

LOL i didnt noticed that Ray, it doesnt have it, but maybe the guy who build this preview forgot it. It can be made with stretch sprue but hope the stinger will be in the box.

Rod.

Floyd, any chance Werner Wings might release the ASE (Aircraft Survavility Equipment) for this model? Knowing that the Fireball sets are out of production and nobody else makes the sets to convert a modern H/V model.

Thanks.

Rod.