10 hours ago, Todd said:

LET'S be honest ,this will be the best UH-1D/H Huey we've had in over 30 years period. Good or Bad

Agree! since the super ugly nose of the 1/35 Revell and the nightmare of the Monogram Kit

THIS WILL BE THE BEST HUEY!

1 hour ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Werner's Wings is working on two decal sheets.  The first one will have 10 aircraft on it.  The second one will have 12-15.

Floyd

Will the Mickey mouse medevac huey be on it!??  :)

3 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Werner's Wings is working on two decal sheets.  The first one will have 10 aircraft on it.  The second one will have 12-15.

Floyd

I knew we as a "Helicopter" Loving Crew, could count on you Floyd.!!!!! KUDOS:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Will you make some foreign decals? Id love to see some birds from El Salvador, specially the ones that had noseart.

Rod.

2 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Will the Mickey mouse medevac huey be on it!??  :)

Yes but the first sheet will all be Vietnam ones.  After that we'll see what is in the box and I'll adjust accordingly, but it is my plan to do an El Salvador and Mickey Mouse Medevac.

Floyd

2 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Agree! since the super ugly nose of the 1/35 Revell and the nightmare of the Monogram Kit

THIS WILL BE THE BEST HUEY!

You mean the 1/32 Revell, and the Monogram Uh-1B/C is a bang- up kit, even if it is alittle heavy on the panel lines and rivet details. I think I have over a dozen of this kit. You can really have a blast building and detailing this GEM. The level of the build is totally up to you. And as far as accuracy it's pretty DAMN good, hands down.Considering when this kit was made, it is notable that it is still in production and circulation. As well as the Italeri UH-1D/H

My wheat penny cent

12 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Yes but the first sheet will all be Vietnam ones.  After that we'll see what is in the box and I'll adjust accordingly, but it is my plan to do an El Salvador and Mickey Mouse Medevac.

Floyd

A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Todd said:

You mean the 1/32 Revell, and the Monogram Uh-1B/C is a bang- up kit, even if it is alittle heavy on the panel lines and rivet details. I think I have over a dozen of this kit. You can really have a blast building and detailing this GEM. The level of the build is totally up to you. And as far as accuracy it's pretty DAMN good, hands down.Considering when this kit was made, it is notable that it is still in production and circulation. As well as the Italeri UH-1D/H

My wheat penny cent

That is correct! I love the rotor system on the Revell 1/32 my only problem with this kit is the super ugly nose! Recently I did a UH-1M from the monogram B/C And I have a lot of fun! with her Like Ray said "This kit is a Dog" lol! and from the Italeri I did a Hellenic army Huey and I have the best Time ever with this! adding all the stuff

here they are on those links

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/298711-148-uh-1m-fas-el-salvador-air-force/#comment-2859912

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/298236-148-italeriesci-uh-1hv-hellenic-army/#comment-2855425

22 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Yesss, that is just amazing, thank you very much, i cant wait to see the decals. 

If you want i can send you some examples of El Salvador Hueys to your email.

Rod.

Please send him the ESPARTANO! she is gorgeous! and it is the one I will do!

Guys,  Saw the pic below on FB, for some reason it didn't get posted in this thread.   Had a question on the troop seating.  I've never seen the forward facing bench seat like that.  All the pics I've seen (and all the Huey's I flew in) had this seat going all the way across the fuselage and it ties into to the vertical posts on either side along with the backrests.   Is the configuration below accurate?  Also, are some of the seat supports missing?  Not worried about the supports if some are missing, that's an easy fix, just figured I'd ask.  Correcting the bench seat will be somewhat more involved. 

Also, what are those PE "fins" on either side of the pitot tube?  A final comment - please ask KH to consider adding separate door handles.   It's pretty noticeable in this scale.  

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by 11bee
49 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Guys,  Saw the pic below on FB, for some reason it didn't get posted in this thread.   Had a question on the troop seating.  I've never seen the forward facing bench seat like that.  All the pics I've seen (and all the Huey's I flew in) had this seat going all the way across the fuselage and it ties into to the vertical posts on either side along with the backrests.   Is the configuration below accurate?  Also, are some of the seat supports missing?  Not worried about the supports if some are missing, that's an easy fix, just figured I'd ask.  Correcting the bench seat will be somewhat more involved. 

Also, what are those PE "fins" on either side of the pitot tube?  A final comment - please ask KH to consider adding separate door handles.   It's pretty noticeable in this scale.  

As you can see here, John, that setup is at least one possibility.  We gave them refs for the complete bench seat so i am hoping there are options for it in the kit.

Ray

Image may contain: sky, airplane and outdoor

35 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

As you can see here, John, that setup is at least one possibility.  We gave them refs for the complete bench seat so i am hoping there are options for it in the kit.

Ray

Image may contain: sky, airplane and outdoor

Thanks Ray, never saw that setup before.  Regardless, I hope they took your advice on the full width troop seat because that appears to be much more common than this rig.   On another note, nice job on the PE cowling screens.   Looks much better than previous kits solid plastic!  

That pic also gives a nice view of the quilt-less side panel.   I hope someone offers that as an aftermarket set (including the warning stencils shown above).   Would look nice for a Nam-era Huey.   Nice view of the stock M60 setup as well.  Any idea of KH is going to provide the ammo feed chutes shown above?

Edited by 11bee
15 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

The fins by the pitot tube are for the wire strike system.  

Thanks, Dave, I forgot to address that.  Yep, they are for the WSP system and this is the first kit to ever have them.

Ray

26 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

OK, here's something we have all been waiting for, a look inside this baby.  These are from the newest buildup of the kit and Glen has given me permission to post them here for you guys.  I confess I am breathing a sigh of relief on several things.  First, there are seatbelts!  Second, the instrument panel looks pretty nice and appears to be the correct UH-1D/H layout.  Third, the instrument panel has the correct asymmetrical  position with the panel more to the right side.  One feature i am very happy to see is the duct work for the air handling system under the instrument panel.  Also, if you look closely you can see the holes in the cabin floor for the extended bench seat's legs so i am assuming that is in the kit.  The B pillar looks pretty good as well.  I believe there is a map case behind the center console, but the all black paint makes that difficult to see.  The only real issue I see with the interior form these shots is the shoulder harnesses are WAY too long, but that is an easy fix and I also don't see lap belts on the pilot/copilot seats.  Neither of these are deal breakers.  i am also unsure what the small circles on the rear cabin wall represent.  Still, I will put this interior up against any Huey kit on the market, even the 1/35 Dragon kit.

Ray

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoor

46 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Wow, it surely looks very very good. I like the b pillars, corrected IP, pilot armoured seats, etc. I will have a lot of fun detailing this bird. 

I want it now LOL.

Rod.

If the ESPARTANO decals didnt come ! I will make them! lol! for this gorgeous lady!