I really want to see this model finished. Its my dream come true to have my favourite helicopter in the big scale and with accuracy. Hope they include an El Salvador version in the foreign Huey version.

Please when you have some CAD shots share them with all of us.

I AM EXCITED.

Rod.

Hope they include an El Salvador version in the foreign Huey version.

Rod.

Would that not just be a standard US-Army spec late version Huey?

I was trying to figure out what the "foreign Huey" would be, I was guessing an AB205, maybe with the rescue hoist fitted? Not sure how it would be different from a regular UH-1D/H, didn't this version have a cargo compartment in the tail boom?

If so, really hoping this isn't present on all the KH Hueys, that was a major pain to fill when building the Dragon UH-1H.

Also, just hoping to confirm that the pilot's doors are separate? Doesn't look that way from the CADD. That's a huge miss if really the case.

Regards,

John

Hey Floyd - great news on the Huey. I wonder if you would consider on the decal sheet options for 9 Sqn RAAF in Vietnam ??

I'm guessing the aftermarket folks, both resin and decals, will be offering lots of nice stuff for this kit.

Would that not just be a standard US-Army spec late version Huey?

I was trying to figure out what the "foreign Huey" would be, I was guessing an AB205, maybe with the rescue hoist fitted? Not sure how it would be different from a regular UH-1D/H, didn't this version have a cargo compartment in the tail boom?

If so, really hoping this isn't present on all the KH Hueys, that was a major pain to fill when building the Dragon UH-1H.

Also, just hoping to confirm that the pilot's doors are separate? Doesn't look that way from the CADD. That's a huge miss if really the case.

Regards,

John

John, I can't even imagine designing a modern 1/35 scale Huey without separate pilot doors. Keep in mind the CAD images are not the final draft. KH just wanted to announce the Huey at the Nationals. Regarding a "Foreign" versions, there are lots and lots of options. The actual contents of that kit have not even been discussed to my knowledge, but rest assured the "Vietnam" version will not have a right handed tail rotor or luggage compartment in the tailboom.

Ray

John, I can't even imagine designing a modern 1/35 scale Huey without separate pilot doors. Keep in mind the CAD images are not the final draft. KH just wanted to announce the Huey at the Nationals. Regarding a "Foreign" versions, there are lots and lots of options. The actual contents of that kit have not even been discussed to my knowledge, but rest assured the "Vietnam" version will not have a right handed tail rotor or luggage compartment in the tailboom.

Ray

That's great news. I kinda figured as much but never hurts to ask. Any idea if we might be getting a sugar scoop in the Vietnam kit, so we can build a late war US Army or S. Vietnam helo?

Hey, nice touch with the crew chief seats in the cabin. Good attention to detail (as I would expect from you and Floyd).

That's great news. I kinda figured as much but never hurts to ask. Any idea if we might be getting a sugar scoop in the Vietnam kit, so we can build a late war US Army or S. Vietnam helo?

Hey, nice touch with the crew chief seats in the cabin. Good attention to detail (as I would expect from you and Floyd).

John,

I certainly don't speak for Kitty Hawk or Floyd, but I believe the idea is to add all the ASE upgrades, including the toilet bowl and WSP kit to the "modern" Huey boxing and keep the "Vietnam" boxing to the most common configuration used in Vietnam. I think the success of this first boxing will dictate the speed of the follow on kits so hopefully all of us who have been clamoring for a new tool Huey will buy this first one in good numbers.

Ray

Edited by rotorwash

...I think the success of this first boxing will dictate the speed of the follow on kits so hopefully all of us who have been clamoring for a new tool Huey will buy this first one in good numbers.

Ray

I think helicopter modelers will scoop many of these kits up considering how long we've waited for a new tool large scale Huey. This is exciting stuff :thumbsup:!

:cheers:

Can't say that I have, but they sure look good. Why don't you elaborate on the problems?

There are a lot of KH haters on this forum. Had problems with a previous kit, automatically jump in at the mention of any new KH releases and start blasting away.

There are a lot of KH haters on this forum. Had problems with a previous kit, automatically jump in at the mention of any new KH releases and start blasting away.

Sounds like when I was a newby modeler and everyone (non helo modelers) told me if I wanted a great kit to buy Tamiya or Hasegawa.. For those who know those companies Huey offerings that is quite hilarious. I have seen the KH models getting consistently better and better reviews. Like I said though, Tamiya or Dragon are welcome to take their shot at a new Huey or Cobra. Not holding my breath on that though!

Ray

I cant wait even to see some more CAD or test shots!!! So exciting!

Those in the know with this project or KH kits in general - is it likely the kits will have a photo-etch component, e.g. IP's/belts?. I'm assuming so now that the pre-painted sets are becoming the thing. They add IMO sooo much realism. I cant wait to see what they have done with the interior of this kit, so much potential but at the same time as long as it has the basic accuracy, the kits will have endless potential in the hands of the modeller.

Bring it!!

Chris B.

I've never built a KH kit, however I've been quietly waiting for a new Huey to be my first helicopter build. It's just one of those fascinating aircraft to me. I will absolutely buy and build this. Thanks to those who've put in the effort to bring this to market.

My build list will be a nam bird from the 92th AHC Stallions, a modern ARNG Medevac, a 4-228th bird with the ALQ-144, and the rest from El Salvador. Damn, i cant wait to build them.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Intrigued. Always have had an affinity for "special" aircraft.

Details?

Sadly, I have no new info on the CIA Hueys used in Honduras. We discussed them in this thread (post 12 onwards);

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=287273&st=0&p=2742873&hl=cia%20huey&fromsearch=1entry2742873

I'd imagine they were similar to the US Army Hueys used in El Salvador. If I build a CIA Huey, it will be a semi-what-if with the pilots doors removed and maybe armed with pintle-mounted mini-guns instead of the usual M-23s. I'd guess they were NVG birds too but probably didn't have FLIR fitted.

LD.

Is this it?

FB_IMG_1470337704890_zpsc064i6hu.jpg

Oliver,

Indeed those are the CAD shots shown at the Nationals, but please keep in mind these are early CAD drawings. There have been several corrections for a Vietnam Huey since this version such as the removal of the WSP system. Plus this version shows both pitots even though you will use one or the other in the actual kit. I would caution those of you who know your Hueys not to get too fixated on these CAD drawings as they are not the final configuration.

Ray

Just staring at the CADD's. Crew chief seat looks really detailed. Did they all have that fabric side panel? They even caught the c-rat can on the M60 and the barrel retaining clip on the MG mounting post. Nice attention to detail. 20mm ammo can for the 7.62 rounds, I hope they will also give us the stock ammo cans and feed chutes (with the option to put the M60's in both deployed and stowed (vertical) position.

Pilot's armor shields are forward. Hopefully they can be modeled stowed as well, never seen a Huey on the ground with no pilots and the armor shields forward. Not a biggie either way, should be easy to correct. I'd really like to see how they are going to replicate the mesh screen on the engine cowling. In a perfect world, you'd be able to see the engine through it but I know it's tough to get PE that fine. If the can't get the PE acceptably thin enough, just don't bother and go with molded on details. It would be the lesser of two evils. Not a huge issue for me I guess since any Huey I'll be building will have the anti-Strella heat shields.

I too am hoping that they release PE seatbelts for the pilot's and troop seats. Molded on will look horrible and it would take quite a bit of work to shave them off. If nothing else, just approach Eduard (I believe they were the ones who made the PE for the Dragon Hueys) about sourcing that PE set. It's pretty darned nice (multipart seat belts).

More pictures guys!!