F-22 Raptor parked nozzle position

Hello all,

I have seen many beautiful raptor builds and have always wondered what accurate degree to place the unpowered nozzles.

I have not been able to get anything online referencing this, I know that both nozzles go up to 20 degrees for vector purposes, but what position are they unpowered? Ive even heard that at rest, the lower flap is slightly more angled than the top. any guidance on this?

Thanx in advance.

Try googling "F-22 nozzle". Lots of photos of unpowered Raptor nozzles.

Yep, got alot of those pics, but was hoping someone might actually have come across actual info. an attempt to do a little more than "eyeballing" it.

"Rivet counter" designation means that at least I had to ask.

Thanx anyway Fellas.

Edited by MR BLUE

In no way do I mean to hijack this thread, but just out of curiosity, if one was doing a Raptor build, could exhaust nozzle plugs be made for these maybe with Styrofoam or some material similar cut to the size of the nozzle opening, covered with foil and painted?

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

In no way do I mean to hijack this thread, but just out of curiosity, if one was doing a Raptor build, could exhaust nozzle plugs be made for these maybe with Styrofoam or some material similar cut to the size of the nozzle opening, covered with foil and painted?

Easy to make them out of Milliput (two part expoxy putty) I would have thought.