ANG F-86 Sabre/Sabre Dogs

Kursad i know this may not be a new topic but with all the kits in various scales for the F-86 Sabre/Sabre Dog series and with so many colorful ANG schemes that exist for these aircraft is this a project you may consider in the future?...Those beautiful Alaska Air Guard F-86 sabres in artic red to all the colorful day glo red/orange schemes for the sabre dog series are just a few examples for this classic aircraft in this era...Have to believe a series of these sheets would be of great interest to so many!!!!!!!!!!

I have some ANG F-86 material drawn up already - but these are for the F-86H, for that elusive 1/48 Hog Sabre kit that I had been hoping for years. Some ANG sheets for other F-86 variants make sense. The schedule for the remainder of 2016 is pretty full, but I will take note and research these for the 2017 lineup.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2016 at 2:50 PM, thegoodsgt said:

As I think about markings for the F model, I think most any USAF, USAFE, and Korean War markings would be welcomed. It's been a long time since Microscale released their sheets years ago.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

I agree... would love to see some 48th FBW F-86F-35's regular jets rather than the Skyblazer Demo jets.

14470612_1400802793281042_86367342492430

14494782_1400802046614450_73089223377751

14485026_1400802589947729_63911352177221

492d_Fighter-Bomber_Squadron_-_North_Ame

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:16 AM, texasraider said:

Kursad i know this may not be a new topic but with all the kits in various scales for the F-86 Sabre/Sabre Dog series and with so many colorful ANG schemes that exist for these aircraft is this a project you may consider in the future?...Those beautiful Alaska Air Guard F-86 sabres in artic red to all the colorful day glo red/orange schemes for the sabre dog series are just a few examples for this classic aircraft in this era...

The OP asked about Sabre and Sabre Dog series.   I'd be up for any and all to include the H.  

On 8/4/2016 at 0:39 PM, KursadA said:

I have some ANG F-86 material drawn up already - but these are for the F-86H, for that elusive 1/48 Hog Sabre kit that I had been hoping for years. Some ANG sheets for other F-86 variants make sense. The schedule for the remainder of 2016 is pretty full, but I will take note and research these for the 2017 lineup.

Kursad, Do you mean the Collect-Aire 1/48 F-86H kit, now long OOP?  They also released a very nice F-86D/K/L kit as well with NH ANG markings, just can't seem to find one in my price range. R/ Dutch

11 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kursad, Do you mean the Collect-Aire 1/48 F-86H kit, now long OOP?  They also released a very nice F-86D/K/L kit as well with NH ANG markings, just can't seem to find one in my price range. R/ Dutch

No, I meant that injection-molded F-86H that I had been expecting from a mainstream company for years. I still hope someone will put it on their agenda soon.

1 minute ago, KursadA said:

No, I meant that injection-molded F-86H that I had been expecting from a mainstream company for years. I still hope someone will put it on their agenda soon.

I hope so too! I built a Collect Aire "H" a couple of years ago, but would like to do another...this time without the torture.

@82Whitey51 & Kursad, 

Well, thanks for the heads-up. If building the Collect-Aire F-86H left that much trauma, I'll just look for a Monogram/Revell F-86D and add the wingtip extensions and other details to create an L without the scars.  I just need the NH ANG decals. Many of the ANG units had a variation of the Day-Glo orange with just different state lettering and badges.  Hence my vote to Kursad.  Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.  I have much to be thankful for this year from this forum alone.

R/Dutch

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

@82Whitey51 & Kursad, 

Well, thanks for the heads-up. If building the Collect-Aire F-86H left that much trauma, I'll just look for a Monogram/Revell F-86D and add the wingtip extensions and other details to create an L without the scars.  I just need the NH ANG decals. Many of the ANG units had a variation of the Day-Glo orange with just different state lettering and badges.  Hence my vote to Kursad.  Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.  I have much to be thankful for this year from this forum alone.

R/Dutch

I want to do a NH ANG "L" also. I thought the only external difference was the antenna on the fwd underside. It's got a longer wing span as well?

F-86L upgrade included SAGE system as evidenced by the antenna forward and below starboard wing as well as cooling scoops behind and above wing. See the Neb ANG plane on a stick above for the scoop location.  It also got the slatted 6-3 wing mod as well as 12" wing extensions.

I'm rapidly approaching the paint part of my current 1/48 F-86D build.  As I told my club the other night, I'm willing to continue finishing it as a Nebraska ANG bird with pieced together bits from multiple decal sheet sources in order for a NEW sheet to be issued with these markings just minutes after I complete the model.  You're welcome.

Rick L.