ANG F-86 Sabre/Sabre Dogs

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Whitey,

I picked up a Special Hobby 1/48 F-86K for a decent sum.  It already has the long wings, I just have to fill in the gun ports on the forward fuselage and add the SAGE antenna.  Not sure if I will remove the ~5/32" fuselage extension forward of the wings.  Will have to do some measuring of the actual plastic to see what the "is" is. I am very impressed with the molding quality and overall shape, though.  I am just waiting for Kursad to make the New Hampshire ANG decals.

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2016 at 2:35 PM, KursadA said:

No, I meant that injection-molded F-86H that I had been expecting from a mainstream company for years. I still hope someone will put it on their agenda soon.

Feel free to do these decals in 1/72 scale while we're waiting for the 1/48 kit. There's something about ANG markings....    :rolleyes:

On 12/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, Dutch said:

As I noted above, thanks Rick, for being the sacrificial lamb on this one!  

I hit a speed bump with this.  Not sure how fatally.  Perhaps the sheet development will overtake me?  wink wink nudge nudge

Rick L.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No, I meant that injection-molded F-86H that I had been expecting from a mainstream company for years. I still hope someone will put it on their agenda soon.

Kursad,

You know, if you release the decal sheet,  the kit is soon to follow! Looking forward to 1/48 & 1/72 ANG Sabres in all marks.

K/r,

Dutch 

• 1 year later...

Just curious if this sheet is still somewhere in the queue or if it was filed away in the circular bin?   Would love to see anything F-86D/L from 120 FIS, Colo ANG or maybe a Minute Men F-86F.   I'd even be happy with a NE Air Guard F-86L.   It's pretty basic looking but I love those old Flaming Arrow markings on the nose and tail.

F-86%20Color.jpg.opt677x484o0%2C0s677x484.jpg

• 7 months later...

Dusting off a half year old thread.   So any additional thoughts Kursad on a quarter scale Sabre/Sabredog sheet?   Would dovetail nicely with all the new Fury sheets you're producing.   Just an idea.   

Aircraft that have flown in the Colorado Air National Guard.

Edited by Drifterdon

Great idea, but I am hopelessly swamped for the rest of the year, folks. I think when 2021 is over, we will find that I will have released almost one decal sheet per week.  I am penciling this in for 2022.

11 hours ago, KursadA said:

Great idea, but I am hopelessly swamped for the rest of the year, folks. I think when 2021 is over, we will find that I will have released almost one decal sheet per week.  I am penciling this in for 2022.

Completely understand sir.   Trust me when I say you have to be the most prolific decal maker out there.   And one of if not the best.   I don't speak for everyone but I certainly appreciate all of the amazing subjects you give us modelers.   And you cater to us braille scalers!    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• 2 months later...

F-86%20Color.jpg.opt677x484o0%2C0s677x484.jpg

I have been searching the internet to see if there was even the slightest chance that I could find decals for a Nebraska AG F-86L in 1:48 and I stumbled across this thread.  Is it at all likely that a decal sheet will be produced????  My Grandfather served at the time that these were in service and I have been wanting to model this forever.  

Edited by gsgreene