ANG F-86 Sabre/Sabre Dogs

The pic is of an F-86D-40.  The Nebraska L models had NEBR AIR GUARD on the forward half of the fuselage with Daglo panels on the nose and aft fuselage.  The flaming arrow was on the tail and drop tanks.  Later they had just the round Guard emblem on the tail with the 0- serial and small NEBR, and U.S. Air Force on the fuselage and overall started looking kinda ratty just before leaving for the boneyard.  They appear to have ended the Sabre period at Nebraska with the overall aluminum lacquer finish similar to the Look Alike finish used elsewhere. Or they were just allowed to oxidize without much care since they were on the way out.

For an L, just source the standard markings for letters and numbers, and some flaming arrow emblems from Microscale 48-143 if you can find it.  Paint as indicated.

Rick L.

• 3 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 11:19 PM, KursadA said:

Great idea, but I am hopelessly swamped for the rest of the year, folks. I think when 2021 is over, we will find that I will have released almost one decal sheet per week.  I am penciling this in for 2022.

Kursad.   Hoping that your pencil turns to a pen for this subject matter.   I know many of us would love to see a set of decals for Air Guard Sabres/SabreDogs.  I have a stack of Monogram/Revell F-86D's that are begging for Air Guard markings.  Even have a set of wings from a Special Hobby F-86K that are going to be used to make a F-86L.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...