RODEN 1/144 C-141B is out!!!

Do Lucky Model usually stock Roden kits?

I've never bought a Roden kit from Lucky Model, but the only way to find out if they stock Roden kits is to go to their site and check. Either way, you can find Roden at Hobby Terra, Plastic Models Store, and several eBay sellers.

Do Lucky Model usually stock Roden kits?

They do, though I'm not sure how often they re-stock. Roden is a pretty common brand at this point, though, so it should be available from most on-line shops (eventually).

FWIW, it would also be worth checking out some of the Ukranian stores. Hobby.dn; Hobbyterra; Armory, etc. They're reliable, shipping is fast and inexpensive, and they have good pricing on 'local' manufacturers. Jadar in Poland would be worth a look, too.

They do, though I'm not sure how often they re-stock. Roden is a pretty common brand at this point, though, so it should be available from most on-line shops (eventually).

FWIW, it would also be worth checking out some of the Ukranian stores. Hobby.dn; Hobbyterra; Armory, etc. They're reliable, shipping is fast and inexpensive, and they have good pricing on 'local' manufacturers. Jadar in Poland would be worth a look, too.

I'll second the recommendation for Jadar and add ModelsUA.

My kit arrived Friday. Pro's; It's here. It's very nicely molded. It's in a HUGE box due to the length of the fuselage. Con's; NO INTERIOR, not even the flight deck. No provision to cut the fuselage down to an A model, I guess they are going to mold a whole new kit. One set of decals for C-141B (AF Serial No. 65-0257) "Spirit of the Inland Empire" is on display at the March Field Air Museum, March Air Reserve Base, in Riverside, California, However the box says it's at the National Museum of the USAF. Looking forward to a quick simple build.

Hopefully someone does decals for 67-0166 in CINCMAC paint scheme:

http://www.airteamimages.com/lockheed-c-141-starlifter_67-0166_usa---us-air-force_173222.html

I photographed this jet at least once but no longer have a working slide scanner. Photos of this aircraft in several iterations of the scheme are available online, and may be sufficient.

My kit arrived Friday. Pro's; It's here. It's very nicely molded. It's in a HUGE box due to the length of the fuselage. Con's; NO INTERIOR, not even the flight deck. No provision to cut the fuselage down to an A model, I guess they are going to mold a whole new kit. One set of decals for C-141B (AF Serial No. 65-0257) "Spirit of the Inland Empire" is on display at the March Field Air Museum, March Air Reserve Base, in Riverside, California, However the box says it's at the National Museum of the USAF. Looking forward to a quick simple build.

The real jet at March is almost certainly on loan from the NMUSAF, maybe the folks at Roden misunderstood that.

Looks like the after-market folks have their work cut out for them, coming up with a cockpit and cargo box interior. I worked on C-141Bs at McChord AFB from 1986 through 1991. At the time I wasn't very interested in Starlifters having just come from working on the much more exciting F-4 Phantom from 1980-86. Now I wish I'd taken more photos of Starlifter details.

I got my kit last week, and had a chance to take a look inside yesterday. It is a very nice kit - I like the molding quality better than the Minicraft KC-135 series. Caracal Models will be releasing a decal sheet soon which will give you better printed and more accurate marking options.

I got my kit last week, and had a chance to take a look inside yesterday. It is a very nice kit - I like the molding quality better than the Minicraft KC-135 series. Caracal Models will be releasing a decal sheet soon which will give you better printed and more accurate marking options.

Please please please include high viz white over grey markings. The overall AMC grey scheme that the kit comes as is so boring. And the best candidate would be 0177 "Hanoi Taxi".