Sabre Dog upper fuselage light

I'm working on a 1/48 Revell Sabre Dog (Kit 5844) and have a question that maybe Sabre lovers can help answer. Just behind the canopy is what the instruction sheet calls a "top collision light" (part 72). Some photos from the internet show this light as red (lens), others as clear and one photo shows the airframe missing a part/section just above it. Can anyone provide an explanation or detailed photos of just how this light and surrounding looks? Is a bulb of some kind visible? What colour is the interior of that area?

I may have done a poor job asking my question. The light/lens I am referring to is outside of the canopy on the top of the fuselage, just behind the rear hinge of the canopy. It is quite difficult to see from ground view photos.

Brian,

Here are a couple photos of that area on the AFM's D:

sMG_1667_zpsnisugkgm.jpg

sMG_0108_zpslpkpsunq.jpg

I'm sure it is the anti-collision light and those are usually red, and it does appear to me that the front part of the tear drop shaped light fixture is red, but given the abysmal lighting at the AFM it is hard to say for sure. The kit part renders that light fixture as an indentation in the bottom of the part and I would do the front clear red and the back gray. And I would not attempt to duplicate the open area, I am sure that is missing sheet metal.

Hope this helps some and doesn't just add to your confusion!

Cheers,

Tom

Many thanks, 'Superheat.' Those two photos are a big help. I have the three Ginter books on the Sabre Dog along with numerous other books on the Sabre series but was unable to find close-ups of this area.

I wish the Ginter books would include more detail photos that would be helpful to modelers and less reference to areas in the cockpit. Do we really need seven images of the instrument fuselage side panels?