YES I SAID AN "E" earlier in this thread and it seems no one else cares. We have academy which can do all mods except E,F,G. I guess no one cares about these airframes.

Not at all. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that *everyone* seems to start with the J, when the E is far more versatile. Most of the foreign operators flew long-nose Phantoms, so while, yeah, there are a bunch of colourful navy jets (although they're all just gull-grey-over-white-plus-garish-squadron-markings), there is so much more variety in E/EJ/F and G markings. Aegean blue. Aegean Ghost. Asia Minor. SEA. Israeli Desert. Norm 72. Norm 81. Norm 90. Lizard Green. Hill Grey. Literally dozens of Japanese adversary/TAC meet/anniversary schemes. A good number of anniversary, air demo and farewell schemes from the Luftwaffe, plus their various experimental camouflage trials.

But instead, they're doing the J, so we'll see another glut of Jolly Rogers and Showtime 100s. :rolleyes:

too bad Eduard dropped their (own)1/48 F-4E plastic kit project a long ago...sad.gif ...a long long time ago...(and i only remember seeing a grey F-4E model... not sure how far they where advanced in the research...)

but i personally won't complain on short nose phantoms, as i'd like to model some more VX-4 and Blue Angels Phantoms...

Edited by mingwin

JeffreyK posted this ZM facebook photo over at Britmodeller:

13872832_1723253547936263_4666533419124387230_n.jpg?oh=d4f387b31b94e9bc90a525338898a09a&oe=585ED62A

The engine on the sprue I saw at the US Nationals wasn't super detailed, but will serve me just fine as an anchor for the engine face and exhaust. :thumbsup:/>

Gene K

Edited by Gene K