1/48 Tamiya F-14A

A while back I got my paws on a Aeromaster sheet with markings for a Hi Vis. VF-41 and hi vis VF-84 bird . I will do the VF-41 in hi vis. Looks like this the model is for that time period anyway. I'm hoping this kit brings me back to building and not just buying😏

as I posted in one of the other threads.

DSC_8171-L.jpg

I will be getting at least 2 of the Tamiya kits. 1 high vis Jolly rogers plane and one black aces. probably another 2 of the AMK kits as well.

Edited by dylan

I am also thinking about doing an Iranian Tomcat. Probably give the kit decals a whirl. My second F-14A will more then likely be an Aardvark's Tomcat.

:cheers:

as I posted in one of the other threads.

DSC_8171-L.jpg

I will be getting at least 2 of the Tamiya kits. 1 high vis Jolly rogers plane and one black aces. probably another 2 of the AMK kits as well.

👍

VF-74 and VF-103 from CVW-17 aboard the USS Saratoga during Operation Desert Storm.......then the other ODS squadrons after those.

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure the VF-103 and VF-74 birds were F-14A+ during Desert Storm, as I modelled Devil 102.

Edited by Parabat

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure the VF-103 and VF-74 birds were F-14A+ during Desert Storm, as I modelled Devil 102.

Well aware of that. I'm pretty confident I can make the necessary updates to correctly model them.

I'm keen to doing this one (if possible considering the era the kit will represent)

WP8KW2P.jpg

Rob

Steel Beach will have a set for the ECM antennas and TCS pod. You can get wheels from Royale Resin or other various companies. Everything else is in the kit, including the tall TACAN antenna if needed, as some ODS Tomcats had them.

Edited by Darren Roberts