1/48 Tamiya F-14A

Steel Beach will have a set for the ECM antennas and TCS pod. You can get wheels from Royale Resin or other various companies. Everything else is in the kit, including the tall TACAN antenna if needed, as some ODS Tomcats had them.

Nice! I'll get your stuff for sure. I regretted it not getting your LANTIRN pods while I was there.

Rob

I like all the brands that come in the Tamiya box.

I 'm a fan of colorful patterns 70s. But undoubtedly the first choice is VF-2

Then VF- 84 and Iran.

But hopefully someday the decals for the VF -114 gray over white are avaliable.

Edited by Fefster

Looks to be an all-over flat Light Gull Grey FS36440.

https://www.furballaero-design.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FDS%2D4808

Technically at the time the U.S. Navy was using a gloss gull gray on its jets when they went through depot level maintenance after a cruise. A few weeks at sea thanks to weather, high speed flight and salt spray the finish would pretty much become satin or flat in appearance. I'm not sure how long the Nimitz was on operational station when the Su-22 shoot down incident occurred.

Edited by Jay Chladek

For my choices, I would like to do Iran, VF-41 from Gulf of Sidra and VF-32 from the second Libyan shoot down incident. I've got the markings to do all of them and could enter them in a single collection as F-14s who earned air to air kills. I've got the bits to convert the Swordsmen jet as needed and the proper decals, even if it will still require some minor surgery on the sheet.

I would also love to do Gunslinger 76, which was the VF-124 Bicentennial marked jet in full high vis gull gray over white. One thing is for sure, if I plan to do ALL these Tomcats, I am going to need a lot more display case space.

Any of the overall Light Gull Gray schemes. Don't want to have to paint the white bottom. There is an overall LGG Sundowners scheme or maybe Aardvarks scheme that I could pull off building this kit OOB, right?

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Any of the overall Light Gull Gray schemes. Don't want to have to paint the white bottom. There is an overall LGG Sundowners scheme or maybe Aardvarks scheme that I could pull off building this kit OOB, right?

I found several -111 jets you can do OOB in both hi vis and lo vis schemes for overall Gull Gray. You may need to adjust the BuNo. I never do. No one can really see it anyway. :D

Never seen this photo before. Sure is different with the Japanese kill markings.

:cheers:/>

I'd heard about, maybe seen the photo, then completely forgot about it. Stumbled on to it accidentally today trying to track down Bunos for the famous "Splash the Zeros" scene.