30th Anniversary "Spook" markings -2011

Hello everybody,

If we're to read directly from the topic, we would thought it would have been a F-4 Phantom.

Well..it's not, this is a F-15J Eagle from the JASDF 306th SQ 6th AW based in Komatsu AB with their 30th Anniversary markings in 2011

Found in the stash from all the available JASDF anniversary markings, something interesting which would have like combines two different type of aircrafts into one.

Well, here are some shots of it.

P1010647.jpg

P1010648.jpg

Standard start from the box.

P1010649.jpg

I'm not going get into too detailed about the avionic bay behind the seat as I plan to build this with the canopy closed.

Thanks Martin .. Kurt.

Well, I had some good modelling time since the last post and turning out faster than I expected somehow.

Main fuselage in place and primed.

P1010650.jpg

Didn't wait much of curing time and started painting the standard eagle colors using Mr.Hobby H308 and for the darker tone, I had used H306 and blend in with H307 as I found it little variation

if just using H307 as per the instructions. Airbrushed 'Future' one layer and I got the main decals of this build on.

Here's how it looks for now,

P1010651.jpg

Next would be the tons of stencil which seems to be standard offering in these Hasegawa boxing.

Will update soon on the next phase. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I will call it DONE! 
With the forums down previously and diversion of attention to other builds, it was almost complete by mid November somehow.
Anyway, here's a shot of it and more in the completed build section.

IMG_7196.jpg

Edited by Brutus