Roden does it again!

There's just too many great kits being released between next month and a year or so from now for my meager modeling budget to handle... :lol:

Am I wrong in thinking that the L-19 is WWII era and the O-1 is Vietnam? Same airframe, but different markings and ordnance?

If so, presumably this kit will have markings/ weapons for both WWII and Vietnam?

Marc B.

1470871634[/url]' post='2820824']

Am I wrong in thinking that the L-19 is WWII era and the O-1 is Vietnam? Same airframe, but different markings and ordnance?

If so, presumably this kit will have markings/ weapons for both WWII and Vietnam?

Marc B.

No, both Vietnam. According to Wiki, L-19 Army, O-1 was Marines.

But my wallet screamed out in agony reading this! Must have builds!!

Edited by Scott Smith

No, both Vietnam. According to Wiki, L-19 Army, O-1 was Marines.

But my wallet screamed out in agony reading this! Must have builds!!

The vast majority of O-1's in Vietnam were Army, and nobody referred to them as an L-19. Didn't even know what an L-19 was. I had a FAC close by from dawn till dusk, and it usually an O-1 but later in 68 we started seeing O-2's out on the border.

gary

The Bird Dog came out after WW2. Could have Korean War markings though.

The Bird Dog came out after WW2. Could have Korean War markings though.

You know what... for some reason I was getting the L-19 designation mixed up with the L4H Piper Cub from WWII. Brain sorted out now... thanks all.

Marc B.

Wish Roden would scale up their OV-1 Mohawks to 1/32.

Will definitely add a 1/32 O-2 to the stash when available

I have a civil O-2 parked about five minutes north of me, and have now got a link to get up close to it! Plus I've been setting on two Stearman kits (Revell), and they just got the "re-skinned" Stearman back. Was promised a chance for pics last summer, but lost it when they sent it out for the re-skinning. Saw it flying a couple days ago.

gary