1:48 F-106A Florida ANG Bicentennial "City of Jacksonville" de

there was some dry transfers done in 1/48, a long ago by Archer fine transfers.

but they are OOP... and search for it for years... and if it wasn't that i finally found it ( members Jennings sold me he's 4-5 years ago, thank you again J.) i wouldn't believe it! (as there is almost nothing about that on the web) .

still, that transfers sheet lack the little crests on the wings fuel tanks.

i'll wish you good luck if you wanted to find another one of the Unicorn... but sincerely, i don't get why it wasn't done over and over by decal makers, as it's certainly the most spectacular Delta Dart livery.

I seem to remember Jennings once posted he had most of it drawn up, but could not find a good reference for the crest on the tank.

I would love to build the City of Jacksonville in 1/48th, I would be happy with a "best guess" on the tank crest, it is not only the most spectacular 106, I would dare say it is the wildest Bicentennial scheme, rivaled only by the VX-4 phantom.

I seem to remember Jennings once posted he had most of it drawn up, but could not find a good reference for the crest on the tank.

I would love to build the City of Jacksonville in 1/48th, I would be happy with a "best guess" on the tank crest, it is not only the most spectacular 106, I would dare say it is the wildest Bicentennial scheme, rivaled only by the VX-4 phantom.

agree on the Bicentennial schemes. love that VX-4 also...

i also remember that thread with jennings says he was only missing the crest for his decal design... i would also have take a "guess" on the crest... rather than nothing... but i guess i'll have to do mines, myself...

This is a special aircraft....me being from Jacksonville and all. I have the 1/72 Hasegawa kit. I bought the Meng kit in Columbia during the show, but I am going to build it as a 48th FIS bird out of Langley. As a kid living up there, I remember seeing them standing alert and doing burner take offs, while I pined for the arrival of the brand new F-15 that would replace this archaic 60's dinosaur. Now, I proudly say, "I was there when they flew the mighty Delta Dart."

This jet will be on one of several F-106 sheets coming from Speed Hunter Graphics.

Hmmm, Jake that sounds like some insider knowledge on an upcoming new kit :)? Or are we talking decals for the Monogram kit in 1/48th? Whatever it is, I am happy :thumbsup:

Hmmm, Jake that sounds like some insider knowledge on an upcoming new kit :)/>? Or are we talking decals for the Monogram kit in 1/48th? Whatever it is, I am happy :thumbsup:/>

You mean new kit besides the Trumpeter one?

the new Trumpeter kit is already a good occasion for aftermarket decals makers to bring some new sets...

IIRC the old monogram kit was rather accurate in shape and size. i don't know how does the Trumpeter's kit in that domain...(didn't buy it yet as the intakes where a bit turn off for me)

i just hope that the new decal sets will fits well the old monogram kit (as well) as i already got 4 of them in my stash...

Edited by mingwin

Hmmm, Jake that sounds like some insider knowledge on an upcoming new kit

No, not at all. I have them sized for the Trumpeter kit. I don't own a Monogram kit. I wonder how the two kits differ in size/dimensions?

Ok I am an idiot. I knew about the Trumpeter kit but thought it was not on too many peoples' radar for decals since it does not seem to be talked about much these days. Hmm probably because of the new Tamiya F-14 taking up most of the bandwidth :)

I have to order up my 2 seater F-106B as I have some old decals for that version. I still have 4 Monogram kits and also have one built. It is a great kit but there was some trouble with the landing gear though.

I am looking forward to your sheets Jake. Never enough F-106 decals out there.

Edited by skyhawk174

the new Trumpeter kit is already a good occasion for aftermarket decals makers to bring some new sets...

IIRC the old monogram kit was rather accurate in shape and size. i don't know how does the Trumpeter's kit in that domain...(didn't buy it yet as the intakes where a bit turn off for me)

i just hope that the new decal sets will fits well the old monogram kit (as well) as i already got 4 of them in my stash...

I've recently seen that XMM have made new intakes for the Trumpy kit and they do look very good:

http://xmold-modeling.com/products-information/

Looking forward to the new decals.

Cheers

J

I've recently seen that XMM have made new intakes for the Trumpy kit and they do look very good:

http://xmold-modelin...ts-information/

Looking forward to the new decals.

Cheers

J

Thanks Jeffrey for the head-up... it was a while since i last check the XMM website.

That's a good news for me, as it was the thing that bugs me the most about the Trumpeter 1/48 F-106!

• 2 months later...