at work - one minute the forum is accessible, next minute its not. home page works. gallery works. didnt check anything else.

at home, samey same. i guess you are doing me a favor at work if this stays broke...

-Ramon

The forums are now all but inaccessible to me*, thanks to the anti-virus programme and browser having gone ballistic and unwilling to calm down.

Claims the site has been flagged as a phishing site.

*Had to type this separately and copy/paste in the ten seconds the anti-virus program and browser give me before redirecting to a blank page.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The forums are now all but inaccessible to me*, thanks to the anti-virus programme and browser having gone ballistic and unwilling to calm down.

Claims the site has been flagged as a phishing site.

*Had to type this separately and copy/paste in the ten seconds the anti-virus program and browser give before redirecting to a blank page.

This site has been HACKED!!! Used Pay Pal last night to complete a transaction with a fellow modeller and was promply hacked for over $300.00 by someone in the UK!!! Luckily the bank shut it down and closed the account before more damage was done!!!

This site has been HACKED!!! Used Pay Pal last night to complete a transaction with a fellow modeller and was promply hacked for over $300.00 by someone in the UK!!! Luckily the bank shut it down and closed the account before more damage was done!!!

Unless you were crazy enough to store your Paypal details (user name, password etc.) on your ARC profile page, or you use the same passwords for both sites (which would be beyond crazy), ARC and Paypal do not have any commonality that I am aware of. The two sites are totally separate from one another and even if your ARC account was hacked, they should not have any way to access your Paypal account (assuming none of the earlier info I mentioned applies). I have sent many ARC users money through Paypal (probably close $600 in the last two months alone) and I have never had an iota of a problem.

Rick

Edited by madmanrick

I'm blocked as well on my PC. Using Chrome, site is flagged as malware. Tried going in with my bookmark direct to the forum and through the link on the main page. No difference.

Every other site I frequent works fine. What is wrong with arc?

Unless you were crazy enough to store your Paypal details (user name, password etc.) on your ARC profile page, or you use the same passwords for both sites (which would be beyond crazy), ARC and Paypal do not have any commonality that I am aware of. The two sites are totally separate from one another and even if your ARC account was hacked, they should not have any way to access your Paypal account (assuming none of the earlier info I mentioned applies). I have sent many ARC users money through Paypal (probably close $600 in the last two months alone) and I have never had an iota of a problem.

Rick

And this site hasn't been tag for phishing in the previous last two months now has it!!

I just got back on. I was blocked from getting on all day. I have that foolish AVAST

which insists ARC is going to steal my credit cards, bank account and life. Little does

AVAST know that I am flat broke, don't have a life and owe a fortune to the bill collectors!

I filled out several forms informing Google and the idiots that run AVAST using very "colorful

language" telling them ARC is not a Phishing Scam, I think, I hope......oh well anyways what in

the hell is this all about. I come here to sniff glue and sand styrene not listen to some dam fool

telling me about losing my identity or religion. ---John

ARC has not been hacked. It's simply Google misidentifying it as a potential phishing site (quite possibly caused by the provider of the adverts used on the page to generate income for ARC). There is no way the current false-flagging of ARC would have had anything to do with your Paypal account.

Steve, can you please take this seriously and fix the issue by updating the forum software?? The sole reason for Google marking ARC as a phishing site is the ugly URL4SHORT.INFO redirect malware that we have been complaining about for years now...

If the hosting provider can not help and you need to hire someone to help you out, I will help defray the costs; and I am sure other sponsors will pitch in as well. Just send me a PM and we will find someone to sort this out.

The problem is very well and concisely described in the links below. I understand that you may be wary about installing a whole new version of IPBoard. I am sure there is a way to excise the malware from your server without having to do this.

https://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2013/01/15/cleaning-up-the-ip-board-url4short-mess/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PetersWebDevelopmentBlog+%28Peter%27s+Web+Development+Blog%29

https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/02/analyzing-malicious-redirects-in-the-ip-board-cms.html

You are losing AdSense revenue every minute this is going on; and it has started affecting your Google search results as well. Perhaps more importantly, it is a huge annoyance for all loyal readers of this forum. Let us fix this issue for good...

Kursad A

Caracal Models

Edited by KursadA

Steve, can you please take this seriously and fix the issue by updating the forum software?? The sole reason for Google marking ARC as a phishing site is the ugly URL4SHORT.INFO redirect malware that we have been complaining about for years now...

If the hosting provider can not help and you need to hire someone to help you out, I will help defray the costs; and I am sure other sponsors will pitch in as well. Just send me a PM and we will find someone to sort this out.

The problem is very well and concisely described in the links below. I understand that you may be wary about installing a whole new version of IPBoard. I am sure there is a way to excise the malware from your server without having to do this.

https://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2013/01/15/cleaning-up-the-ip-board-url4short-mess/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PetersWebDevelopmentBlog+%28Peter%27s+Web+Development+Blog%29

https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/02/analyzing-malicious-redirects-in-the-ip-board-cms.html

You are losing AdSense revenue every minute this is going on; and it has started affecting your Google search results as well. Perhaps more importantly, it is a huge annoyance for all loyal readers of this forum. Let us fix this issue for good...

Kursad A

Caracal Models

Well put. Steve- any updates on repair efforts?

I agree completely. The latest "Deceptive Site" thing is annoying, but fixing that won't fix the original cause, which is this URL4SHORT.INFO problem. It has been there for years and it is extremely annoying. I think it may have slipped through, because not all users of ARC use external search engines to search on the ARC forums, but it has been a serious problem for many years.

For those who may not know what we are talking about, it happens fairly consistently when you use Google to search for something on the arc forums. For example, I go to Google (using Firefox in my case, but I don't think that matters), and search using the following terms:

F-15 site:arcforums.com

The "site:" instruction tells Google to only search on the arcforums site. You will get lots of interesting hits. They all look like genuine links, but when I click on the first one it starts loading ARC and then immediately gets redirected here:

http://url4short.info/a2d216dd

Which tells me lots things that I have no interest in about wireless routers. You can go through the various search results - sometimes you do go to the ARC forums, other times you go to a URL4SHORT.INFO link.

As I said, this problem has existed for years, and is almost certainly the reason why this site got flagged as a "Deceptive Site".