alnera.eu

No script asked me to allow or block this domain upon relogging here,ofc is a shady site

Getting exoclicks popups from other websites despite their domains being blocked on hosts,firewall,cookies,no script,ublock origin and whatever list I'm using together with another greasmonkey sript on firefox,guess someone is buttmad cause people is blocking their shady scripts and are unleashing a newer plague,facebook too but with fbp it didn't last that long.

Guessing this is why there are so few posts on the forums in the last day or so.

Not sure what is more concerning - the possibility this site is infected and can't be accessed by most folks using PC's or the lack of any tangible updates from management.

Edited by 11bee

Guessing this is why there are so few posts on the forums in the last day or so.

Not sure what is more concerning - the possibility this site is infected and can't be accessed by most folks using PC's or the lack of any tangible updates from management.

There already seems to be a plunge in activity. I don't know why there's been no update or attempts at fixing this.

I run Chrome with Win7Pro, along with McAfee and I am still getting the warning. I still have Firefox installed, although I rarely use it anymore, but I tried it and same results, the warning pops up when I navigate to the ARC forums.

Rick

This is what baffles me. I have been able to get on now 2 days straight with not

one pop up or mention of this site being dangerous. Why do people with the same

set up I have get the warnings and I don't? Is it because I have a newer version

of McAfee, only 2 days old. And I got the cheapy $29.99 special! And where is the

management, I am more than willing to kick in a few bucks, if everyone did this would

be one hell of a Foundation, no politics intended. It's all I do is model, my hobby,

and seek advice and information.---John

Edited by john53

And where is the

management,

Well, at the risk of being "Jennings-ed," I find the lack of response more disturbing than the actual issue at hand. Now having said that, I know the owner/operator of this site is/was experiencing health issues, but surely if he is unable to monitor this site regularly, he must've named a proxy? I realize this site is "free" for me to use, but I don't want to allow someone access to my personal information, even if there no monetary cost for me to do so. So all I can say in closing is, it's time to get your act together ARC. Failure to do so will result in a mass exodus, even if it is reluctantly for most of us.

Rick

Wow, two extra clicks to by-pass a red screen and people are calling for heads to roll????

Panties get bunched much quickly here on ARC???

If it was "two extra clicks" I'd have no problem with it. However it is a warning screen on every single click on the website. I also can't post from my desktop to ARC, so I can only go on the website from my iPad. Should heads roll? I honestly don't care what the people who run ARC choose to do or not do. I just don't spend the same time on it as I used to.

John

If it was "two extra clicks" I'd have no problem with it. However it is a warning screen on every single click on the website. I also can't post from my desktop to ARC, so I can only go on the website from my iPad. Should heads roll? I honestly don't care what the people who run ARC choose to do or not do. I just don't spend the same time on it as I used to.

John

Indeed the ability access ARC is so diminished that one would expect any advertising revenue to begin to dry up. In other words, one could envision a situation where the Admin's costs of running this site become too great and it will risk being shut down.

Edited by mlicari

Wow, two extra clicks to by-pass a red screen and people are calling for heads to roll????

Panties get bunched much quickly here on ARC???

Tony

Must be the case, as demonstrated by the very low number of postings since this "non-issue" was first noted. If I was one of the businesses that have dedicated forums here, I'd be especially irate.

We will release the ARC from our control when our demands are satisfied.

1. Place 1,000,000 Columbian Peso in a brown paper bag on a park bench outside The Louvre. Any bench. We'll figure it out.

2. Extend Silly Week to Silly Month. Give Alvis 3.1 a raise.

3. Rename the site "SPECTRE Resource Center"

4. On second thought, add a case of the new Airfix P-40s to the Pesos.

5. Stop calling them Dee-CALS.

6 Reunite Steve Perry with Journey.

7. Get me out of this *&%#$^@ chimney!

Do not fail us.

could be the admin just has more important real life stuff?

I must be one of the lucky ones. Running on Chrome with Windows 10. I get a red screen when I first log in, but when I click on "details", and then on "visit unsafe site", ARC runs perfectly normal. No warnings between screens, no hiccups.

I did encounter the short URL nonsense in the past though - I always assumed it was some malware on my system. Good to know it wasn't just me.

Edited by RKic

Well, at the risk of being "Jennings-ed," I find the lack of response more disturbing than the actual issue at hand. Now having said that, I know the owner/operator of this site is/was experiencing health issues, but surely if he is unable to monitor this site regularly, he must've named a proxy? I realize this site is "free" for me to use, but I don't want to allow someone access to my personal information, even if there no monetary cost for me to do so. So all I can say in closing is, it's time to get your act together ARC. Failure to do so will result in a mass exodus, even if it is reluctantly for most of us.

Rick

I hope all who feel this way realizes that SBARC does this for our benefit, and it is not his day job...give the guy a break he does have a life beyond ARC. IIRC he has said he'll address the issue when time permits. I'll not complain about a free website that addresses so many of the questions concerning modeling that we ask; as said before two clicks and voila!!!..you're on ARC's forums.

Failure to do so will result in a mass exodus, even if it is reluctantly for most of us
surely you jest, I hope so...this is not the first time this issue has arisen and the mass exodus of which you speak, in actuality, never occurred; IIRC. I doubt seriously if your complaining will get you booted...someone complains about something here on a daily basis ;) not me but with over 20K members.......welllllll.

Well, I use Chrome and as soon as I disable "Protect you and your devices from dangerous sites" I no longer have issues. Now, I wish I didn't have to do this but all I can do for the moment to get away from the warning page. When it's fixed, I'l re-enable the setting.

Rob

Well, I use Chrome and as soon as I disable "Protect you and your devices from dangerous sites" I no longer have issues. Now, I wish I didn't have to do this but all I can do for the moment to get away from the warning page. When it's fixed, I'l re-enable the setting.

Rob

Same for me!

I avoided the site for several days when the warning popped up - running Firefox on two different machines. Finally, I tried it on my iPad, figuring if there was a problem, I could simply restore it from my last backup much easier than dealing with issues on my computer.

I'm glad you are so trusting to simply disable the warning and keep using the site, not knowing what is really causing it. Me, I'll check in now and then until I stop getting a warning before returning regularly.

I avoided the site for several days when the warning popped up - running Firefox on two different machines. Finally, I tried it on my iPad, figuring if there was a problem, I could simply restore it from my last backup much easier than dealing with issues on my computer.

I'm glad you are so trusting to simply disable the warning and keep using the site, not knowing what is really causing it. Me, I'll check in now and then until I stop getting a warning before returning regularly.

That's understandable. Being that I work in IT I can pretty much take care of any issues if something bad does happen. Images are a wonderful thing!

Rob

I'm glad you are so trusting to simply disable the warning and keep using the site, not knowing what is really causing it.

Until this site is "fixed", I have to disable my Avast Anti Virus - only for the duration of my visit. However, I also routinely run my browser sandboxed using Sandboxie, so feel safe should something attempt to jump onto my PC. :thumbsup:/>

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

This has happened before on this FREE website and after a few weeks, the problem went away. It will again, so I don't mind hitting a couple of extra clicks in the meantime because this site is FREE and I don't have to pay for it. For those who think there will be a "mass exodus" unless it is fixed soon, "Bye Bye". :wave: