Do you still get the warning when you try a direct link? (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/)

I can get in with no problems using a direct link with FF and AVG.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I use both Firefox as my main browser and AVG as antivirus. Tested on two different computers from two locations, and I get the warning whether using the direct link or any other method to get to the site. I also get the warning when using Chrome on any of those computers.

On the other hand, I do NOT get the warning when using Chrome or Dolphin on an Android tablet.

Not doubting anyone, butt I have not received a single error or warning on my desktop or laptop machines. Running Chrome browser and AVG anti-virus.

Chances are your security settings are not the Chrome default. Anyone using the default security settings on a recent version of Chrome should be seeing the warning.

For everyone else: You can change this from the "Privacy" tab in "Settings -> Show Advanced Settings" in Chrome. If the entry "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" is checked off, Chrome does not show the warning.

Unless you are surfing a lot of shady Web sites, it should be fairly harmless to turn this off for a few days until Steve finally reads this thread and takes action. Just remember to turn it back on after the issue is resolved.

Edited by KursadA

Chances are your security settings are not the Chrome default. Anyone using the default security settings on a recent version of Chrome should be seeing the warning.

For everyone else: You can change this from the "Privacy" tab in "Settings -> Show Advanced Settings" in Chrome. If the entry "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" is checked off, Chrome does not show the warning.

Unless you are surfing a lot of shady Web sites, it should be fairly harmless to turn this off for a few days until Steve finally reads this thread and takes action. Just remember to turn it back on after the issue is resolved.

FWIW, Chrome only makes you pass through the warning page when you open a new window or tab. Keeping the window open and clicking on links within the forum site doesn't bring on fresh reminders. As such, I haven't seen the warning since the 17th since I only shut my system down to change hardware. Sadly, it's only been 10d 16h since the utility company's last unplanned shutdown of my system.

Oddly, my Android phone has never showed the warning, and that's Chrome (Chromium?) too.

I uninstalled AVAST and bought McAfee and all issues went away! I no longer

get the "red page" stating Deceptive Site, although it still may well be.

Also my ARC avatar in my bookmarks has returned back to it's former blue color,

had turned an ominous evil looking red!---John

Edited by john53

I uninstalled AVAST and bought McAfee and all issues went away! I no longer

get the "red page" stating Deceptive Site, although it still may well be.

Also my ARC avatar in my bookmarks has returned back to it's former blue color,

had turned an ominous evil looking red!---John

I run Chrome with Win7Pro, along with McAfee and I am still getting the warning. I still have Firefox installed, although I rarely use it anymore, but I tried it and same results, the warning pops up when I navigate to the ARC forums.

Rick

Edited by madmanrick