Limbo of the Lost

I am sure that many of you have in mind kits whose release was announced to great fanfare but after awhile and without any explanation nor even issuing an SOS, they simply vanished without a trace....

I remember two kits that even today I would like to become true, the Pilot Replicas' SAAB 107 and the Minicraft's Gulfstream III, both at 1/48.

I.Martin

Edited by I.Martin

Well, to be fair, KH can't do the family model Foxbat until I convert a Revell Foxbat into one. Sorry, I'll get on that after I clear some space on the bench. 😀

Cheers,

Dave

The one I am waiting for:

KH 1/48 RF-101A/C

And is my memory correct, in that in the early 2000s Eduard announced a 1/48th F-4 family? We have the Academy Phantoms now, but I wonder what may have been if a new 1/48th phantom phamily came out 10 years earlier

One more, Aconcagua's Morane Saulnier 760 Paris 1/48 scale. Still waiting....

I feel your pain there, pal. :crying2: I also wish Mr Heredia would do something about this announcement.

However; and in fact that it was never officially announced, there was a teaser I still couldn't get over with ever since it was pulled off:

Vulcanpic2.jpg:explode:

Where are? All 1/72:

DRAGON/DML F-35 all versions, F-22, F-16 and Buccaneer. Listed five(?) years ago

ACADEMY-MINICRAFT - B-29 mothership with Bell X-1 - listed about 1993 :-)

PANDA - C-17 Globemaster - listed 2003

CONDOR (or ICM?) MIG-15

ITALERI - Canberra B2

SPECIAL HOBBY - CASA 101 Aviojet

AZ MODEL - L-159 Alca and Aero L-52

ARK Models - Sukhoi Su-9 (1946)

ON TRACK MODELS - Rockwell X-31 - anounced about 1992

• 1 month later...

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=15625.0

Randomly remembered this one. Alanger was going to make a 1/72 "Garpun", which was their idea of what the PAK-FA would've looked like. And then...nothing.

Probably didn't help that the actual PAK-FA was unveiled shortly after, but the design of the Garpun looked pretty cool.