Hobbyboss 1:48 Mig-31 sprue pictures

Hard to assess as I look at it on my phone. Interesting that they included the infrequently used wing tanks. But, oh the horror of having to assemble missiles ☺.

Cheers,

Dave

Nice surface detail pretty much a trademark of Trumpeter/Hobby Boss in recent years.

What is particularly funny is to see the guys who ripped HB over the very petite surface detail of there F-14 have lauded the AMK guys for there Mig-31 and it's very heavy panel lines.

Goes to show how one eyed a lot of the commentary is regarding qualities of kits.

The AMK Mig-31 lovely as it is features surface detail more reminiscent of Trumpeter from about 2003-2005 and they have a way to go that if it doesn't improve will leave them floundering compared to the Tamiya kit which fits perfectly and has beautifully rendered panels.

I'll grab one of these HB Mig-31's simply out of interest to go with my AMK ones.

Sorry but what version of the Foxhound is this? Don't know much about the -31.

I guess the initial production variant (Izdeliye 01) since there's no refueling probe.

It's hard to see if the exhausts have the outer petals as (IIRC reading on these forums) the early production series had those, but I'm not sure at which point exactly the moving outer part of the nozzles was replaced with a fixed one. Gordon mentions that the movable nozzles failed on one test flight at low altitude so presumably this event might have influenced the decision to replace them with fixed ones when possible.

Edited by ijozic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...