Good afternoon from a cold and damp Middle Earth.

Well here t'is after eight months on-and-off the bench, my Hasegawa 1:48 Crusader. Now before I go-on, as I was editing the pics for size, I noticed that I've forgotten to add the IR Sensor on the front windscreen but I know where it is and I'll sort-it next time I'm in the 'cave' !!

What can I tell you ?, well construction was no problem throughout although on this kit, some of the detail particularly around the dive-brake area was almost none-existant which I'm guessing points to over-use of the moulds. A few extras but not too many, the build is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993482-f-8j-crusader/ if anybody wants to check-it-out.

Some folks here may know or have heard of Frank Cronin from California, just want to publicly thank Frank for sending me the decals for this build without hesitation when I put out a cry-for-help over at iModeller... Cheers Frank, really appreciate it.

That's all the yada, yada, yada for now, here's some photos:

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48

Paint - All Tamiya, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels.

Decals - Aeromaster, Microscale stencils, Furball 'Canopy seals'

Extras - Cobra Co. resin seat, Quickboost aft intakes, AIM-9D's from Hasegawa Weapons Set 'C'.

LTV F-8J Crusader

Assigned to Cdr. Paul Stephenson

CAG CVW-21

VF-211 'Checkmates'

USS Hancock 1972

a_zpsffqdupt4.jpg

b_zpsill1ebiy.jpg

c_zps6ndjd1dv.jpg

d_zpshcxf9hyj.jpg

e_zpsh6liv2vt.jpg

f_zpsweqtdait.jpg

h_zps2lylapeh.jpg

i_zpsfgktrlbj.jpg

j_zpsobgi2q2d.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, as ever happy to take any criticisms, comments or questions.

AFN.

Ian.

Edited by IJ001

Thank you folks, I'm extremely grateful for the comments. Have to say I'm so pleased with it, that it's got a shelf all to itself in the cabinet, although that won't last too long, space is at a premium !!

AFN, but next look-out for another USN build with yellow wings !!

Ian.