TV show trivia question

1472461224[/url]' post='2823883']

1970's 1980's t.v. especially US based t.v. had lots of variety, unlike today where networks have thin choice and to much faux reality stuff.

The epitome of sitcoms, dramas including police dramas, action, night time soaps, daytime soaps, day time game shows and sci-fi was the 1970's to 1980's

In Canada we had some cool Canadiana programming in the 70's and 80's, The Beachcombers, Seeing Things, Nigh Heat, Live It Up, The Littlest Hobo, SCTV (the best skit based comedy ever) and more all uniquely Canadian.

Children's programming included The Friendly Giant with Rusty the rooster and Gerome the Giraffe, I especially loved Gerome as a kid) and Mr. Dressup with Casey and Finnegan. Both great kids shows I along with my siblings watched back in the day.

I loved 70's -80's cooking shows too. Galloping Gourmet, Wok With Yan, Julia Childe etc. all informative and fun.

1970s'-80's Sat morning cartoon and kids show were the best too.

I need a time machine. biggrin.gif

SCTV! Yes!! I use to watch it down here too. I remember John Candy's impersonation of 3D TV like yesterday. 70.gifYears back the big writers strike was the beginning of the end for normal sitcoms and programs. It brought on "reality TV" AKA, Boring!

SCTV! Yes!! I use to watch it down here too. I remember John Candy's impersonation of 3D TV like yesterday. 70.gifYears back the big writers strike was the beginning of the end for normal sitcoms and programs. It brought on "reality TV" AKA, Boring!

YEP! I find most tv today to be drab and boring or too deep, dark and moody almost depressing.

Even tv commercials suck for the most part now. Youtube classic tv commercials and they were all so much more varied and even highly entertaining. The 'jingle' was a part of commercials back then and today it's almost non existent and it's stupid to not have jingles in most commercials today.

McDonald's commercial for one, in the 70's, for the Big Mac. Most of us who saw it can sing it's jingle.

Or better yet, the little boy singing the Oscar Mayer Bologna commercial back then , FREAKING GREAT, FUNNY, CUTE AND MEMORABLE...

My balogna has a first name, it's OSCAR

My balogna has a second name, it's MAYER

Oh how I love to eat it everyday and if you ask my why I'll say.

Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with Bologna....("I did it." as the kid smiles) it's a bit of a tear jerker. It has not been played on tv what 30+ years, but I just typed it our word for word as I sung it in my mind. B)

Another classic jingle.

There are seven kinds of fruit in Hawaiian Punch, seven kinds of fruit in Hawaiian Punch.

Hawaiian Punch is made with seven kinds of fruit for that one of a kind fruit taste. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gordon Shumway

I totally agree with you Gordon

- YEP! I find most tv today to be drab and boring or too deep, dark and moody almost depressing.

The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic woman . .. haha

I loved those shows. I have the first TWO seasons of The Six Million Dollar Man on DVD Boxsets.

As for The Bionic Woman, OMG another lady of the 70's who I had puppy dog crush on, Lindsay Wagner.

Darren,

Yeah, that is the resin conversion that I was talking about in my other post. I also watched a build review that is on YouTube. My biggest problems with this is the price and the fact that the piece is solid resin and the guy in the video said it probably weighed close to a pound. The conversion uses an AMT kit and typically AMT plastic is a bit soft anyway. The stock suspension may not support that much resin. Along with the fact that my scratch building is not that good.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)