F-14A Sidra's incident Mig Killer restored!

It looks excellent. I wish they would have gone for more correct period markings since while the jet again wears VF-41 markings, it doesn't look like it did during the incident (i.e. the use of stylized serif font in spots instead of USN stencil fonts). But with all the upgrades to the airframe over the years, it never could be taken back to its original look 100% anyway.

I knew the moment someone posted a photo of the restored 102 here, someone here was gonna be the guy to say "I wish it was more accurate". <_</>

I know some of the guys responsible for the restoration and they did a fantastic job.

Edited by Skull Leader

If the paint does the job of preserving the airframe and continues to look this good down the road, ultimately, the job is a success. I know the CAF and the care they take in making sure their paint work does that, so I am confident it will do the job. And yes, it does look good.

I couldn't agree more. I wish all of the museum Tomcats were as lovingly restored as this one.

Did you see the one the FDVG restored on the Lexington? They did a top notch job there as well (except for the part where they forgot to weather-seal it, lol )