Welcome to the Strike/Attack aircraft group build. Here is your opportunity to clean out the ground-pounders from your stash. Aussie_Superbug and I will be your build moderators. Please direct questions at either of us.

I hope we see a wide range of aircraft, from trench strafing versions of the Sopwith Camel, to the latest F-15E and Su-24 types. This GB casts a wide net over its subject matter.

Just make sure to strap some bombs, strafing packs, and AG rockets and missiles onto your subject. The more the merrier!

Most of all - enjoy yourselves!

Probably, more than half of my stash consists of strike aircraft, or at least fighters with bombs on them. I'm feeling enthusiastic about the GB for now, so I'll list all of what I hope to accomplish, but knowing me, I'll get through probably no more than two of these.

-Fujimi A-6E 1:72

-Hasegawa F-15E 1:72

-Italeri B-25G 1:72

-Revell Tornado GR.4 (as GR.1) 1:48

-Academy F-15I 1:48

Edit: a few others I found in the stash

Academy F-84g 1:72

Monogram F-84f 1:48

Monogram AV-8A 1:48

Starting to get tricky to choose.

If anybody has a Fujimi F-4G or Hasegawa F-111 for sale, please PM me.

Edited by RKic

I'm leaning to a Pit Road 1/144 TSR-2, assuming that's appropriate; how say the mods?

I'd like to do something meeting the spirit of the GB, so other possibilities include 1/48 TBF/TBM, A-6, AF-2, and Mi-24 or 1/144 A-10 and AC-47D.

Welcome aboard Sean, I look forward to watching you work on any and all of those! Revell A-1E sounds especially fun. Hope you begin with that one.

Ill probably build all 4 at the same time. I usually get a few going at once in case I lose the mojo on one.

I just have to finish my P-40's and then I'll get a start on these.

Sean

Hello all,

First of all thanks for the new GB,

Just to verify, Aero L 39 Albatros would qualify as an attack ac?

imo yes it does but just wanted to be sure. If so then i'll be doing the Eduard 1/72 profipack of Czech AF with Tiger markings.

I'm leaning to a Pit Road 1/144 TSR-2, assuming that's appropriate; how say the mods?

I'd like to do something meeting the spirit of the GB, so other possibilities include 1/48 TBF/TBM, A-6, AF-2, and Mi-24 or 1/144 A-10 and AC-47D.

I think since experimental and prototype types are welcome, then by all means. Will you be doing a conceptual service variant or the prototype?

Hello all,

First of all thanks for the new GB,

Just to verify, Aero L 39 Albatros would qualify as an attack ac?

imo yes it does but just wanted to be sure. If so then i'll be doing the Eduard 1/72 profipack of Czech AF with Tiger markings.

I think it depends. The type was used for light attack, and A/G weapons training. Maybe check if the unit you are building the aircraft for used the aircraft in this role (rather than as just a jet trainer), if so, then I say go.

Aussie_superbug? What are your thoughts?

So many kits, so little time. Gonna take a while to look through the stash and decide what to build.

What a wonderful problem to have, eh? :) Maybe open it up to a poll when you make some selections. That's always fun.

Hmmm, I'm in with a Hasegawa F-111, version yet to be determined. And I think it's time for me to build another 1/48 F-4. Other options include a Greek A-7E, a NF-5A and maybe a Tornado.

TSR would be a welcomed addition,- I believe had this gone into production, The RAAF would have most probably not have procured the F-111.

I think it depends. The type was used for light attack, and A/G weapons training. Maybe check if the unit you are building the aircraft for used the aircraft in this role (rather than as just a jet trainer), if so, then I say go.

I give it the green light as long as it main function was light attack.

Regards

Brendon

TSR would be a welcomed addition,- I believe had this gone into production, The RAAF would have most probably not have procured the F-111.

I give it the green light as long as it main function was light attack.

Regards

Brendon

Thanks a bunch for the reply folks, i'll see if there is decals for an A2G unit if so i'll also hang some proper ordnance, otherwise i could go for a 1/72 HobbyBoss Bombcat - anybody who objects to that we will have trouble! taunt.gif

I have the old Hasegawa 1/72 A-6A partially started. Also the 1/72 Fujimi A-6A still

in the box. Can I enter the Hasegawa started?---John

G'day John,

Can you advise at what stage it is at? usually GB only allow the cockpit only to be built.

Considering I am the main culprit to getting this GB started. Here is what i would like planned built by the end of the GB.

1/72 Hasegawa F-18 F Super Hornet

1/72 Hasegawa F-111C - SEA camo scheme

1/72 Hasegawa Tornado Gr mk1 - RAAF whatif

Hmmm, I'm in with a Hasegawa F-111, version yet to be determined. And I think it's time for me to build another 1/48 F-4. Other options include a Greek A-7E, a NF-5A and maybe a Tornado.

Any one of those would be fun to follow along with. You can never have too many phantoms.

Hi,

What a convenient GB! For some of the ordnance-carrying subjects that I always wanted to build, items have become available lately.

* Now that Eduard created M117's with Snakeyes, I can finally build a Combat Lancer F-111A.

This will be the 1/72 Hasegawa kit with TwoBobs decals.

* I finally obtained the Cobra Company Vietnam weapons set. I plan to use that on a 1/48 Monogram F-105D. Pretty conveniently, Furball Aerodesign released decals for F-105 canopy seals.

I have worked on this a bit, nothing in the cockpit but I have filled the sinkholes in the airscoops and I have been attempting to remove the reinforcement plates of post war F-105's from the underside. To check my progress on that, I have been spraying the underside in light gray. Is that still OK to enter?

* Over the years, I have bought some F-100 stuff from forum member Bernie McKenna. I'll build a 1/48 Monogram F-100D.

I do have a number of entries going in the Recce GB, I'll try to focus on those first.

By the way, I see the subject decription for the GB says "aircraft". Is rotary wing also OK? I might also do a 1/72 AH-1G Cobra then.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

What a convenient GB! For some of the ordnance-carrying subjects that I always wanted to build, items have become available lately.

* Now that Eduard created M117's with Snakeyes, I can finally build a Combat Lancer F-111A.

This will be the 1/72 Hasegawa kit with TwoBobs decals.

* I finally obtained the Cobra Company Vietnam weapons set. I plan to use that on a 1/48 Monogram F-105D. Pretty conveniently, Furball Aerodesign released decals for F-105 canopy seals.

I have worked on this a bit, nothing in the cockpit but I have filled the sinkholes in the airscoops and I have been attempting to remove the reinforcement plates of post war F-105's from the underside. To check my progress on that, I have been spraying the underside in light gray. Is that still OK to enter?

" All Good "

* Over the years, I have bought some F-100 stuff from forum member Bernie McKenna. I'll build a 1/48 Monogram F-100D.

I do have a number of entries going in the Recce GB, I'll try to focus on those first.

By the way, I see the subject decription for the GB says "aircraft". Is rotary wing also OK? I might also do a 1/72 AH-1G Cobra then.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi Stefan,

I was in 2 minds about adding rotary into the GB, but let me get back to you on this one if that's ok

Hi Stefan,

I was in 2 minds about adding rotary into the GB, but let me get back to you on this one if that's ok

Hi,

No worries either way. I'll have plenty on my plate with this GB, the Recce GB and at least one bomber in the "Heavies" GB. :thumbsup:

I'd also like to enter a 1/48 Tamiya bomb-toting P-47 Razorback with full D-day stripes. It's "Boog" of the 405th FG found on Eaglestrike decals 48-100 "American Jabos" Pt IX.

Cheers, Stefan.

I'll give it a try with my 1/72 Fujimi A-6A Intruder. I also have the

old Hasegawa 1/72 A-6A Intruder but I am guessing with wings and tail

on it's to far along to enter. I think I'll use VA-75 Sunday Punchers

markings from Vietnam 1965. Here's where I am at, kit still sealed

and needs a bath.---John

29392856055_e95540b4e7_z.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by jvandeu53, on Flickr

28771310893_fc83a482d7_z.jpgP7070003 (640x480) by jvandeu53, on Flickr

Edited by john53