Navy/Marine F-4 Phantoms!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ditto on Mungo's request for early VMFA-312 markings.  While I am not complaining, most of the markings asked for have been done, some recently.  I have yet to see any VMFAT-101 Sharpshooters markings for either the F-4B or J.  Just saying.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
Correct grammar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, venom said:

Any eta Jake ?

Sorry, I never updated this.  I held this sheet up to find some last-minute references I needed for one of the options.  It'll go with the next round, but that won't be for another month or two.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I sort of lost interest in this sheet because I sized it for the Academy kit prior to the ZM release.  I'd have to go back and resize the art for the better kit before release.  Not sure if it's worth it.

1 hour ago, jmel said:

I sort of lost interest in this sheet because I sized it for the Academy kit prior to the ZM release.  I'd have to go back and resize the art for the better kit before release.  Not sure if it's worth it.

The ZM kit seems to be pretty popular (its the newest flavor) though the Academy kit is still a fine Phantom (and a GREAT choice for a B/N)...  Plus how many of the markings need to be resized? 
Also, the Furball sheet for USMC is sold out.... and there were some errors on that sheet.  If you can, talk to Steve at AOA Decals as he can fill you in on the errors (which are minor, but still provides room for an improvement). 
Also, dont forget all those subjects Aeromaster did back in the day that could be tweaked and improved....not to mention correct (air frame specific) stencil data, etc. 

So I would say PLEASE consider moving forward!  I know even if you sized it to ZM, most of us would fit it to whatever kit we had on hand. 

Andy

The fins are the same size....where there is a difference between the ZM and Academy Phantoms is in the canopy sections.    The front is shorter and the rear canopy longer on the Academy than the ZM.   The ZM match the respective Hasegawa sections in length.   IF you Ade the canopy trim decals too long fo both front and rear, then one set can be used with the modeler trimming the decals to length prior to or after installation. If you make the splitter plates to size the ZM, then there is material to cover the other two makers kits, and they will fit GT Resin splitters as they are the ZM size which is correct.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 7:59 AM, jmel said:

I think it would be worth it,include the rarely/hardly done VMFA's and VF's then it'll be golden. I always keep a look out for VMFA-333 70's F-4J markings,either the AJ or DN tail codes but they are hard to find or want collectors prices so a Trip Trey 70's J won't probably be built for that reason(the model if ever built would be given to one of our pilots who flew with 333,I plan on doing the jet he made his last USMC Phantom flight,one BuNo off from their Mig Killer)

20 hours ago, ThePhantomTwo said:

I think it would be worth it,include the rarely/hardly done VMFA's and VF's then it'll be golden. I always keep a look out for VMFA-333 70's F-4J markings,either the AJ or DN tail codes but they are hard to find or want collectors prices so a Trip Trey 70's J won't probably be built for that reason(the model if ever built would be given to one of our pilots who flew with 333,I plan on doing the jet he made his last USMC Phantom flight,one BuNo off from their Mig Killer)

Yeah , I'd like to see some new decals for a Trip Trey J during their 1971 cruise on the USS America,also their sister sqn for that cruise VF-101 DET-66...think it was the only time the Grim Reapers did full cruise.

F-4J_of_VF-101_Det.66_is_launched_from_USS_America_(CVA-66)_in_1971

Edited by mungo1974