Hey guys it's Sept 1st!

So the idea of this GB is to build some heavy bombers. Things like the B-17 B-29 B-1 b-2 etc. not included are the medium or strike bombers like a B-25 or B-26.

Builds shouldn't be progressed more than some minor cockpit work. Please have a build thread with as much pictures as you can stand. Any scale of heavy bomber will be included.

Questions or anything feel free to ask away.

I would like to set things up more professionally but I can't get on the site on my computer so I'm on my phone currently.

Kris.

Hi, Kris.

I'll definitely be in with something. Let's say definitely with a 1/144 Vickers Valiant, using the Micro Mir kit.

Cheers, Stefan.

Edit: Oops, this should be in the Briefing thread now. I had started this reply with the intent of asking if my 1/72 B-17 was not too far along. I thought there was nothing but silver paint srayed on the inside of the fuselage and the props sprayed black. But I pulled out the kit and noticed that the wings had been glued together and the horizontal stabs also. So, probably too far along.

Cheers, Stefan.

Edited by Stefan buysse

Hi!!

Quick question. How about a wrecked aircraft? I have a B-17 that got destroyed by a couple of moves and a couple of other unfortunate incidents. Here's a pic of what I got...

DSC02614.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

since that picture was taken the whole thing split down the middle....Needless to say it's a wreck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, eraucubsfan said:

Any chance, especially with the ARC down time,we can extend the finish date on this group build? 

Unfortunately no there's other GBs that need to get processed. Doesn't mean you need to stop your build though. Keep it up and get it finished.