Hope to see you there, I'll be working the club's table and wandering around in general. Just look for a Air Force Veteran or IPMS Shogun hat. Or you can just ask for me at the table.

I am not going. I know it is not all about awards, but I I hate the way they do awards at that show. I am much more of a traditionalist....1,2 3, within a category. I also generally avoid two day shows, except for the regional, because it blows the entire weekend. But good luck to them. It is their show. They can run it the way they choose.

Edited by DutyCat

In actuality, I'm not really a fan of how they do the awards determination either but our leaders made that decision so I have to live with it.

I also wasn't a fan of giving out trophies to all the kids who participated either instead of just the winners.

In actuality, I'm not really a fan of how they do the awards determination either but our leaders made that decision so I have to live with it.

I also wasn't a fan of giving out trophies to all the kids who participated either instead of just the winners.

It is what it is. This type of award system is favored by some, especially those who struggle to win/place. If your model is judged against a standard vice competing against "elite" builds, then the odds are perhaps greater that you will win an award. On the other hand, at a traditional show, you can win/place with substandard work in a lightly contested category. I know builders who specifically target and build in categories that are not going to have as much competition. Some classes get no entries at all, or just two or three. Does a crappy model up against one or two other crappy models deserve a first place award? Probably not, but no matter how bad it is, if it is the best thing on the table in a category that day, you win. You cannot help that there are only a few entries.

So, I see both points. It is probably good that we have shows that do things differently. I should probably be less uptight about it. Maybe I will go to support the Orlando club and represent ours. That is partially what it is about anyway.

Edited by DutyCat