French Flying Boats of WWII

French Flying Boats of WWII looks like a really interesting book, but its $70 I was hoping some people could help me with alternative titles that are not as costly but still cover the basic types and variants of the same subject? It doesn't have to be detailed just a broad overview. It looks like there are lots of new types in this book that I had never seen before Very curious to see more about them and other types I may not know yet.

FrenchFlyingBoats.jpg

All help and suggestions appreciated

:thumbsup:

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

What an obscure subject. Can't believe anyone would be interested in it, so it's very unlikely you'll find other books.

I however, just found a $150, 500 page masterpiece on the evolution of cockpit door (interior only) paint finishes on mid-late version UH-1H Huey's.

Me happy.

$70 looks like a bargain! I checked it on Alibris and Amazon and they have it listed for $378! :jaw-dropping:

These French books are expensive but they are beautifully put together. I have two volumes on the Super Frelon and Alouette III helicopters and they are fabulous books. Expensive but very nice. If this topic is of keen interest to you, I'd try to stretch to the price. It is a rare topic and probably not too many books will be published in the future. The other option is to identify a Flying Boat of particular interest and see if any old aviation magazines come up on ebay that might have articles on that particular type. That can be a lottery too though.

LD.

Just had a look at the photos of the book on Amazon. It is in English. That is a bonus because the books I have are in French. :bandhead2:

Edited by Loach Driver

Buy kits. Prorate the price of the book over their cost.

Hit "buy" with your eyes closed and never look back.

Delete/throw-away all receipts, payment confirmations, etc after receiving book in great condition.

Break the price into cost of book and goodwill of feel good having it.

It's easy--especially with a big gulp!

$70 looks like a bargain! I checked it on Alibris and Amazon and they have it listed for $378! :jaw-dropping:/>

These French books are expensive but they are beautifully put together. I have two volumes on the Super Frelon and Alouette III helicopters and they are fabulous books. Expensive but very nice. If this topic is of keen interest to you, I'd try to stretch to the price. It is a rare topic and probably not too many books will be published in the future. The other option is to identify a Flying Boat of particular interest and see if any old aviation magazines come up on ebay that might have articles on that particular type. That can be a lottery too though.

LD.

Just had a look at the photos of the book on Amazon. It is in English. That is a bonus because the books I have are in French. :bandhead2:/>

Thank you. I don't know where I saw $70 now. Doh! I will just have to keep my eye out. Good suggestions. Great of you to take the time and give your input

I've always joked that all I need to do is write a book called "Gas Caps of the Luftwaffe" or "Shoelaces Of The Wermacht (in the third week of March, 1943)" and I could retire to me private Caribbean island.

SN

I've always joked that all I need to do is write a book called "Gas Caps of the Luftwaffe" or "Shoelaces Of The Wermacht (in the third week of March, 1943)" and I could retire to me private Caribbean island.

SN

I, for one, welcome your work. It's long overdue. Big, big controversy on whether those gas caps were RLM66, natural metal or even as some heretics have suggested, RLM02 with a nonstandard glossy finish. You pretty much have a license to print money with this one.

How can I pre-order?

Edited by 11bee
1472926536[/url]' post='2824863']

LD.

Just had a look at the photos of the book on Amazon. It is in English. That is a bonus because the books I have are in French. BANGHEAD2.jpg

MMP is a Polish outfit.The Alouette and SF books you're talking about, I think, are from LELA presse, which is indeed French.

LELA also run an online bookshop, and they sell MMP.Could be worth a try, don't know about P&P to the USA, though.

MMP is a Polish outfit.The Alouette and SF books you're talking about, I think, are from LELA presse, which is indeed French.

LELA also run an online bookshop, and they sell MMP.Could be worth a try, don't know about P&P to the USA, though.

That explains it so. They are still great books. I really like the way they are laid out and presented.

LD.