ICM 1/48th MIG-25 RBT already at HLJ (pre-order)

Hi, i have just searched to see if the new ICM MIG-25 kit was out and it is already shown at HobbyLink Japan, i guess it is perhaps a pre-order price (i did not try to order it yet so i am not sure if this is the final price), not bad at all at around 65$ US versus recent larger jet model kits from China at the same scale !

Link: https://hlj.com/product/ICM48901

Have anyone seen test shots yet ?

Stephane

Edited by Stratospheremodels

What is point of making a new thread? Why not just post it in already existing thread instead of spreading the discussion over many threads? Here is is the original thread; http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=289940&st=60

And i suspect that ordering an Ukrainian kit from a Japanese store just to get it shipped again across the world to USA or Europe is about the worst way of ordering.

Edited by Berkut

What is point of making a new thread? Why not just post it in already existing thread instead of spreading the discussion over many threads?

Because some (myself included) sign off on those threads when they seem to go on forever, they turn into a bicker fest, or I just don't want to read pages and pages to find out when I can either buy the kit or see a picture of one already built.

Because some (myself included) sign off on those threads when they seem to go on forever, they turn into a bicker fest, or I just don't want to read pages and pages to find out when I can either buy the kit or see a picture of one already built.

One has to wonder about the human attention span if it is enough to build models, but not enough to follow a 4 pages long thread. Besides, what you suggest is to have a new thread every time a new kit is available for pre-order on a random internet model shop. I dont think there is enough electrons in the world for that.

Edited by Berkut

One has to wonder about the human attention span if it is enough to build models, but not enough to follow a 4 pages long thread. Besides, what you suggest is to have a new thread every time a new kit is available for pre-order on a random internet model shop. I dont think there is enough electrons in the world for that.

rofl.gif

Ever heard the phrase "juice aint worth the squeeze"? I don't suggest anything, I do appreciate when someone posts something that is relevant to me. If that bothers you maybe don't open the new thread?

With 17 month old twins, I concur

If I can get two hours a week in with my two boys I call it success. My projects are done hastily over a long weekend and thrown up on my kid's ceiling or if its getting parked and displayed it takes about 18 months.

Let's see the Do215, Do17 and Ju88 from ICM can be found for $27 in Ukranian online stores + S&H.

The same ICM kits imported into Japan and selling on their online stores, like HLJ go for $47~49 + S&H.

Their Russian weapons set go for $4 in Ukrania and Russia. HLJ. 1120 yen which is around $10.8

It's almost double or double the price.

Similar price hikes can be seen for any non-Japanese manufacturers. Yet I don't understand why people keep using those prices as reference. BANGHEAD2.jpg/>

Edited by Inquisitor

Let's see the Do215, Do17 and Ju88 from ICM can be found for $27 in Ukranian online stores + S&H.

The same ICM kits imported into Japan and selling on their online stores, like HLJ go for $47~49 + S&H.

Their Russian weapons set go for $4 in Ukrania and Russia. HLJ. 1120 yen which is around $10.8

It's almost double or double the price.

Similar price hikes can be seen for any non-Japanese manufacturers. Yet I don't understand why people keep using those prices as reference. BANGHEAD2.jpg/>

because they got the widest array of available prices references! (not because they got the lowest prices... because, they always list their kits first... and, with very little knowledge (of market reality, and maths) one can have an idea of what to expect to pay!)

and HobbySearch have often instruction scans... and also, japan still produce some of the finest plastic model kits, which make those major Japanese web stores (best prices on japanese stuff)

and finally, sometimes, when you consider shipping charges also, japanese SAL shipping is hard to beat in price/speed/reliability! (which is something i always consider... but i usually don't buy ukrainian kits outside of Ukraine...)

so, that's why, we still use those japanese sites as references... because we don't get anything better!

Edited by mingwin
  • 1 month later...