Flying Colors Decals have a great detail sheet that includes silver framed cockpit and pax windows. The details included on this sheet is really first rate.

http://www.fcdecals.com/page.php?id=73

Authentic Airliner Decals have a lovely sheet offering realistic windows, both cockpit and pax. I would not see myself using other than these, I find them incredibly realistic, imho they really enhance a model.

http://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Products/D144-BO-11

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, swimmer25k said:

I know nothing about the Revell 1/144 747, but as an Iron Maiden fan I'm very interested.  How is this kit?  Is it a new tool or a 30 year-old re-boot?

Thanks,

Chris

There's one being built here which will probably answer all your questions. 

• 4 weeks later...

oh my god, Parabat not sure if i should thank you or not. build next inline would be this one....now i think it's better to pass. here's hoping someone would come up with a proper 747-4, zvezda hello??? btw currently i'm building the 747-8 from zvezda and it's like a dream, dunno if it's revell molds or vice versa tho.

• 2 months later...

If ever there was a kit that looks good in the box, but is a pain to build, it is the Revell 747-400.  It has tones of problems, the most severe of which is the placement of the wing on the fuselage.  It is essentially unfixable as it affects the angle of the engines as well.  So fixing one problem creates another.  Also, #2 and #3 sit to low.

Here is mine.  I did not change the wing angle.

Dragon Boat 74

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to go down the wing fix path, there are a few threads around here and other forums to show how to do it. IF you have the patience it is not that hard.

I can live with it and have not bothered with my current B747-400 build and will most likely not both to fix it on my other 2 400 build s I have planned.

honestly after watching the dragon boat vid on youtube and taking time to dryfit the parts off the box i have shelved this abomination of a kit.

intention is to keep waiting, hoping someone would eventually come up with a proper 747 kit in the future and use the decals from the revell one on a new tool kit thank you very much.

Hi Harald,

I just saw you question on window decals. from September. I know this is a late responce, but I agree with the Flying Colors. I think they are superb. Here is my effort with Revell 747-400. The FC decals were certainly easier to use than the Brasil decals!!

Cheers, Jarrod