Moving ARC Forums

Thanks Guys....a special shout out goes to Neo for his critical help..

I still want to adjust some of the shades of blue...but I have a few other matters in my life that I put on the back burner that I need to address first.

4 hours ago, Aigore said:

Hmmm...I can't get rid of old quoted replies, I'm not presented with a clean sheet quote when I want to quote someone...older quotes are still there even if I want to make a clean sheet reply.

Yes...I've noticed the program is goofy for that.

16 hours ago, Aigore said:

Hmmm...I can't get rid of old quoted replies, I'm not presented with a clean sheet quote when I want to quote someone...older quotes are still there even if I want to make a clean sheet reply.

ok...here's the trick to removing the quote.

First don't hit the quote button if you don't want it.

If you do hit the quote button and don't want it....do the following.

1)  click your cursor in the post in the usual place you would type after the quote.

2)  Press and hold the control (CTRL) while you press the "A" key on your keyboard.  This will highlight the quote.

3)  hit delete.

This will remove the quote permanently so you can just reply.

This program does seem goofy (flawed?)regarding this feature and how it operates..

Thanx for the fix, Steve :D

On a side note, that doesn't work on a tablet or smart phone however. Found a similar sollution tho:

Hold your finger on the title, the outline turns blue, hit Del and it's gone :)

1 minute ago, Aigore said:

Thanx for the fix, Steve :D

On a side note, that doesn't work on a tablet or smart phone however. Found a similar sollution tho:

Hold your finger on the title, the outline turns blue, hit Del and it's gone :)

Ahhh....yes...tablets and phones are very different.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to search through the member list?

The old forum had a 'members' button at the top while the new forum just has 'online users'.

I wanted to check the content of an offline member name and ended up giving up as I couldn't remember how he spelled his name to use the search feature.

:cheers:

27 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

Is there any way to search through the member list?

The old forum had a 'members' button at the top while the new forum just has 'online users'.

I wanted to check the content of an offline member name and ended up giving up as I couldn't remember how he spelled his name to use the search feature.

:cheers:

yes, same as before...us the search function.  Type name in search box....then instead of "all content"....use the drop down menu and select members.

Hello Steve,

- Email Notifications for new forum posts -

I used to get email notifications of new posts in the, "Tool's n Tips" forum, but haven't received any for a few months.  

I checked my Subscription settings and Following settings and re-set them. 

I still don't get any emails letting me know of new posts.

Can you please help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 hour ago, Kaibutsu said:

Hello Steve,

- Email Notifications for new forum posts -

I used to get email notifications of new posts in the, "Tool's n Tips" forum, but haven't received any for a few months.  

I checked my Subscription settings and Following settings and re-set them. 

I still don't get any emails letting me know of new posts.

Can you please help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew.....I'm not sure what the issue is....you are sure the e-mail address on your account is correct and the e-mails from the forums aren't ending up in a spam folder?

I've enabled the e-mail notifications on my account just now to see if I get the e-mail notifications.

I'm not a big fan of e-mails personally, so I just check out the notifications button in the top right when I log into the ARC forums.

I'll see if I can find an answer to this for you.  This forum program is not 100% perfect is is buggy and it could be this feature does not work.

21 hours ago, SBARC said:

Hi Andrew.....I'm not sure what the issue is....you are sure the e-mail address on your account is correct and the e-mails from the forums aren't ending up in a spam folder?

I've enabled the e-mail notifications on my account just now to see if I get the e-mail notifications.

I'm not a big fan of e-mails personally, so I just check out the notifications button in the top right when I log into the ARC forums.

I'll see if I can find an answer to this for you.  This forum program is not 100% perfect is is buggy and it could be this feature does not work.

Hi Steve,

The e-mail address is correct & there are no forum e-mails ending up in my spam folder.

Thanks for the help.

It is very much appreciated.

Andrew

43 minutes ago, Kaibutsu said:

Hi Steve,

The e-mail address is correct & there are no forum e-mails ending up in my spam folder.

Thanks for the help.

It is very much appreciated.

Andrew

OK....I set up my account to send me e-mail notifications...and nothing happened.

I will check the Admin settings to see if there is something I can adjust...but at this point it appears this feature does not work.

OK...I adjusted some settings....see how it goes.

You will need to go into your account settings and adjust them again to what you want.  The changes I made will adjust everyones settings.  :crying:

3 hours ago, Aigore said:

What happened to all the pics?

Can you explain this with a  bit more detail?

I just randomly checked an in progress thread and I do see pics just fine.

Steve, go to "tips and techniques" and then to "model photography"..it's near the top. Dylan's photo is no longer visible...all I get is the blue box with the question mark. The photo was there last night. Evidently there are other that are missing.

HTH,

Bob

15 minutes ago, SBARC said:

Can you explain this with a  bit more detail?

I just randomly checked an in progress thread and I do see pics just fine.

All pictures everywhere are gone on my phone and tablet.

Replaced with:

Screenshot_2016-11-04-17-31-22-1.png

• SBARC unpinned this topic