Moving ARC Forums

18 minutes ago, crushkill said:

I think photobucket is down.  The only images that load on my phone are ones from Flickr or other hosts

Ah, you might be right. ...there's a  "Down for maintenance" sign at the bucket home page.

6 hours ago, crushkill said:

I think photobucket is down.  The only images that load on my phone are ones from Flickr or other hosts

Awesome...thanks for getting this sorted for me.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

On 11/3/2016 at 9:34 PM, Kaibutsu said:

Hi Steve,

The e-mail address is correct & there are no forum e-mails ending up in my spam folder.

Thanks for the help.

It is very much appreciated.

Andrew

It appears this feature does not work.  I'm not sure why.

Dear Steve,

All of your hard work and expense are appreciated..perhaps more then you will ever know. You provide an amazing source of information and friendship and I wish you the best.

Harry

Lutz, FL

8 hours ago, STEN8 said:

Dear Steve,

All of your hard work and expense are appreciated..perhaps more then you will ever know. You provide an amazing source of information and friendship and I wish you the best.

Harry

Lutz, FL

Thanks Harry....that is very kind of you to say.

10 hours ago, SBARC said:

It appears this feature does not work.  I'm not sure why.

Steve,

I appreciate your quick response and help in trying to fix the e-mail problem.

I'll just have to check-in more regularly.

Thanks a lot buddy!

Andrew

3 hours ago, Kaibutsu said:

Steve,

I appreciate your quick response and help in trying to fix the e-mail problem.

I'll just have to check-in more regularly.

Thanks a lot buddy!

Andrew

I do find the notifications feature at the op of the page to be quite simple to use and very helpful.

Hello Steve, thank you very much for upgrading the forum without changing the external appearance!! Only one thing, I put a champagne bottle on the fridge to celebrate my 1000th post because I was 99X before the upgrade and now I noticed that only have 718, the rest are missing!! I know it is not an important issue but I wanted to cheer with some cold champagne... :beer4:

Thank you again for your great work.

Regards,

I.Martin

On 11/11/2016 at 4:40 AM, I.Martin said:

Hello Steve, thank you very much for upgrading the forum without changing the external appearance!! Only one thing, I put a champagne bottle on the fridge to celebrate my 1000th post because I was 99X before the upgrade and now I noticed that only have 718, the rest are missing!! I know it is not an important issue but I wanted to cheer with some cold champagne... :beer4:

Thank you again for your great work.

Regards,

I.Martin

Enjoy the champagne.  :beer4:

12 hours ago, I.Martin said:

Hello Steve, of course I'll do, I'll toast you and all ARC friends around the world! :thumbsup:

Thank you Steve, you're very kind!

Best regards,

I.Martin

You are now at 1001 posts.  :yahoo:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Another move coming up?

This is not for the forums.

This move is for the second server computer that holds the ARC website...not the forums. 

I'm moving the ARC website (not the forums)  from the old server computer at the old hosting company to the new hosting company.  The new hosting company offers much better tech support for the same price.

The forums will not be affected by this move.

5 hours ago, Janissary said:

Whaaaa? Why?

Sorry for the confusion.  I've added a clarification to the homepage text. 

I plan to begin moving the ARC website in the coming days from the old hosting company to the new hosting company.  This will require moving the domain names and this will cause problems as some ARC'ers computer will be lost trying to find the domain name....these problems usually settle down naturally in a matter of days.  This is the ARC website and NOT the ARC forums.  The ARC forums will NOT be affected by this move.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. Since the Forum move/update, I struggled at first to configure my "page" the way I liked it, eventually I just copied the same settings as on Britmodeller & gosh, it worked just fine. I've not been very active over here because of that till recentish, life just being bloody inconvenient I guess also didn't help but lately I'm back more often & one thing that has jumped out at me is the limited number of emoticons including some that were everso important to me in conveying nuances of meaning that the simple written word struggled to. Specifially, smiley face :), sad face :( & wink ;). There're probably others but those are the ones I guess I use the most & so miss the most. I've looked for info on this but could find nothing, so, if its not just me being thick, is there a way I can dial them up or can they be made available? Thanks.

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy fellas!!! I've been away from this forum and our beloved hobby for a few years. Thought I'd have a peek at this forum again. OMG! Lotsa changes! Also, it appears all of my contents have disappeared when the forum moved to different provider. What a pity...

I still can't resume building again for now. But will try to peek in every now and then....

6 minutes ago, Mike C said:

Howdy fellas!!! I've been away from this forum and our beloved hobby for a few years. Thought I'd have a peek at this forum again. OMG! Lotsa changes! Also, it appears all of my contents have disappeared when the forum moved to different provider. What a pity...

I still can't resume building again for now. But will try to peek in every now and then....

Mike....where have you been?  Did you have kids or something?  I was just reaching for the phone to send out a search party for you.

What content went missing?

1 minute ago, SBARC said:

Mike....where have you been?  Did you have kids or something?  I was jsut reaching for the phone to send out a search party for you.

What content went missing?

ROFLMAO! Having more kids??? No freakin' way, man! I've already got 2 teenage daughters. Just life got in the way. Also, lost my bloody workspace. My daughters decided they didn't want to share bedroom anymore. And I've only got a 3 bedroom house, so.... The big one is going to Uni next year, so hopefully I can reclaim my workspace. LOL!

I used to be able to see all my old threads in my profile. But I can't see them anymore. 

• SBARC unpinned this topic