Lancaster Mk I "S" for Sugar.

I´ll be building the old Revell 1/72 Lancaster kit (© 1965) I have had in my stash for about 30 years! I have the cockpit set from CMK, which is made for the Airfix kit. But I'll make it fit in this one.

But we have to see if I'll compleat it or not. I didn't compleat my old Airfix Spitfire for the Spitfire: 80th Anniversary GB. Because the summer came and my RV that I bought in April took more time that planed. But now winter is ahead and my RV is compleated. :rolleyes:/>

Best regard

Grétar W. G. :wave:/>

Edited by GretarBill
  • 1 month later...

Hi.  all. We're finally online again. Yehaaa

I have done some work on my Lancaster. Compleated the cockpit.

Hmmmm. I was going to import some pictures. But can't figure out, at the moment, how to do it:crying:. "Insert image from URL" under "insert othe media" below dosn't work. The pictures that I have are to big to use "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." below. Ea. pic around 0,2 MB, well most of them. Does anybody here have any ideas how to insert pictures.

Well. Here's a link to my Flickr site to begin with. If you klick on the pictures a info text about them appears below them.

Best regards

Grétar W. G.:wave:

Edited by GretarBill
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎23‎. ‎10‎. ‎2016‎. at 0:13 PM, Grandboof said:

I don't know about Flicker but with Photobucket I click on direct link then go to insert other media right click on the URL then paste . Hope this helps I'm no expert

Martin H

Thanks for the info Martin. I´ll try and see what happens.

Grétar W. G.

On ‎3‎. ‎11‎. ‎2016‎. at 10:22 PM, Bigasshammm said:

How's she coming? Love the nostalgia of the old kits even if they can be dogs.  

The kit is OK compared to it's age.

Did you figure out the pictures at all?  

We'll see about the pictures now. ;)

Hi all.

After two weeks in Cuba and three weeks after I came back doing nothing, modelling that is, I'm finally beginnig to do something.

Before I went to Cuba I had an accident with the Lanc. I was picking up the left half of the fuselage that had the cockpit in it, unglued and the cockpit fell to the floor and was damaged. But not beond repare. I have a picture of it but now we need to see if I can make it visable here.

Lancaster028Crop

I also, just five minutes ago, ordered a engine set from CMK that I'll be using for the Lanc. It's made for Hasegava, but I'll probably will be able to use it. We'll see. the Airfix cockpit fitted as it was made for this model

Ohh. The picture came!! :thumbsup:

so maybe I'll try to put the other pic's here also

The box art

Lancaster001

Beautifull rivets.

Lancaster004

Enough flash

Lancaster006

The CMK cockpit and the one from the kit (green)

Lancaster007

Windows have been cut out on one of the fuselage half.

Lancaster008

The floor fits perfectly...........

Lancaster009

......... after it has been raised a

Lancaster010

Some ribs have been made on one side.

Lancaster012

The ribs have been put on both sides + some other stuff and partly painted.

Lancaster015

The paintig's done

Lancaster016

The cockpit is ready.

Lancaster018

Lancaster024

Lancaster025

Best regards

Grétar W. G.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a slow builder.

But there is some progress on my Lanc.

I got the engine from CMK.

Lancaster029

The wings are almost done. Just need to do some filling and put on the engine nacelles on.

Lancaster032

But I think that we can all agree that there is a huge fitting problem here.

Lancaster034a

Lancaster037a

I have put some plastic strips on the nacelles / wheel housing parts. Some pictures later.

The small air intakes on the sides of the engine covers are a little to small on the kit copared to the CMK part. I'm thinking of making a mould of the CMK part and make new intakes to put on the kit.

Lancaster038

The air intakes for the radiator need to be cut open. Done that, as a matter of fact, on all of the parts. But I'll put in some pictures of them later.

Lancaster039

I'we also started workin on the main landing gear. They also need some work.

Well that's all for now.  Untill next time. :wave:

Grétar W. G.

Edited by GretarBill
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎18‎. ‎12‎. ‎2016‎. at 9:45 PM, Ichitoe said:

Love that old school box art! 

Great effort on your build, especially the detailing. Keep up the great work and looking forward to more updates.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Hi.

At last I'm posting something here. I have been buisy redoing my kitchen so there has been less time for this kit.

I have done some work on the engine nacelles / wheel wells so they fit better on the wings. I also had to put some plastic on the Engine covers (nacelles) so they fitt better to the wings and also taken the small air intake / scoops on the side of the engine covers to put new ones on. I ordered Quickboost one's to replace them. They arrived yesterday with the turret guns, also from Quickboost. Oh yes I had to put a plastic strip on the left wing where it goes to the fuselage so it will fit better. The firewaal for the engine is in its place.  

Lancaster042

Lancaster043

I have also opened the exhaust covers on the one on the right side and the radiators that came with the engine set are also visable.

Lancaster044

Lancaster046a

I have done some work on the main wheel struts. The parts below are ready but not the one above, as can be seen. The rear part of the strut should not have that X in it. But I'm not going to do anything about it. Also the jaks that move the strut are missing. I'm not going to make them either.

Lancaster049Crop

I also have put the fuselage together but forgot to take pictures of it. Stupid som bitc-h as Buford T. Justice would have said it. But there will come pictures of it next time. I am at the moment working on the air scoops on the engine covers.

I am planing to compleat it before the deadline. :rolleyes:

Best regards

Grétar W. G.

Edited by GretarBill
  • 1 month later...

Well, there is some progress on my Lanc. I hope I'll compleat it before the deadline.

Here are is the fuselage and the wings ready for painting.

Lancaster050

The airscoops from Quickboost and a lot of putty by the engine nacelles.

Lancaster051

The firewall for the left inner engine.

Lancaster052

The original guns and turret parts with the ones from Quickboost and the scratchbuild rear turret

Lancaster055

A close up of the turret. It's not 100% correct, but I don't care. It looks a lot better than the original!

Lancaster057

The main landing gears. Not perfect either.

Lancaster059

At last the first coat of paint I did today. Humbroll 29, Dark Earth.

Lancaster060

I´m going to paint it before I put the wings on. It'll be muce easier doing it that way.

Best regards.

Grétar W. G. :wave:

Edited by GretarBill

Hi all.

Is anybody still checking out this GB? If so, here are some pictures of my Lanc. I was hoping I could compleat it before the deadline. But didn't make it. The kits decals are VERY thick. So they didn't sit nor stick well to the model. I'm going to order decals from Hannants as soon as they are back in stock. If the decals would have been OK then I would probaly have compleated it on the last day. At least about 95 %

I have masked the model and it's ready for the green colour.

Lancaster063

The top half is ready.

Lancaster064

Lancaster065

The painting's done and a little weathering. I'm no master of that.

Lancaster067

The decals are very thick and don't sit well. Even though I used decal softner. I´m going to order decals from Hannants when they in stock again. I hope they come soon. Does anybody know how the decals are from Skymodels?

Lancaster069

An idea for a diorama. I have Airfix refuel kit and the bomber re-supply kit from Airfix. the engine will be on the aircraft, not on the ground. ;)

Lancaster071

I hope I'll be able to compleat it soon.

Best regards

Grétar W. G.