Italian Air Force Predator RQ-1 UAV

Okay, let me see if I can have better luck getting a GB entry done with a quickie project rather than an involved one. My kit subject of choice is the Accurate Miniatures Predator UAV in 1/72 scale. Years ago, an ARCer who's name I unfortunately forgot was nice enough to send me the Italian Air Force decals and placement instructions which were provided in the Italeri issue of the kit. The Italeri kit was only made available for sale in Europe while Accurate Miniatures marketed their kit in the states with USAF markings only (exactly the same plastic otherwise).

Italy was an early foreign customer for the RQ-1 Predator and they were also got the very last two Predator As ever built in late 2015. These aircraft are unarmed, hence their RQ-1 designator. USAF Predator drones capable of carrying live ordnance are designated "MQ" instead of "RQ". Italy also has a handful of Reaper drones which were cleared by the U.S. State Department to carry weaponry in 2014. But the RQ-1 Predator As continue to remain unarmed. Italian Air Force Predators have been used in operation over Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and have also been used to help with the migrant crisis in the Mediterranean Sea.

Predator%20kit_zpsarz4hw1k.jpg

Italian%20decals1_zpsiurtkrof.jpg

The paint job recommended for the kit is pretty basic, just overall Medium Gray. I am trying to confirm that, but otherwise except for the black landing gear struts and tires, the Italian roundels appear to be the only splash of color on these birds. It should look nice when done.