F-16C Barak with goodies

No rest for the wicked!

Was at our annual model show here in Göteborg, Art In Miniature 2016...did alright, a Honorary mention and a Special Honorary mention for my Desert Sabre, Best Sci-fi model in show and a trader reward for my desert Sabre.

All in all I´m happy and a quite a bit envigorated and inspired....so while the mojo is flowing I started something quite a bit outside my comfort zone, a 1/32nd scale Tamiya F-16!

Me being me I´ll squeeze it full of resin and putty and turn it into a IAF Barak....well eventually and hopefully :P/>

A little presentation then...

IMG_2966_zpsxmnpqsw9.jpg

Huuuuuuge box!

Full of huuuuuge parts, got almost a bit agoraphobic about it and almost threw in back on the pile :P/>

Other than the plastic in the box I´ve added only a few things....

IMG_2967_zpse3wruule.jpg

Aires pit and wheel wells

IMG_2968_zpsbktjcecd.jpg

A bunch of Eduard PE and Isra Cast Python 4/5 and Isracast Barak conversion set.

IMG_2969_zpsicxu4ljk.jpg

And topping off with Isra Decal stickers :P/>

What´s in the box then?

Well loads of gargantuan sprues with enormous parts....sans the cockpit since I sold it off to some guy since I was going for the Aires pit in stead :P/>

Box contents in the next part!

P.S. edited the title...I haven't decided on the block yet..depends on what individual I decide to make in the end :P

Edited by Aigore

Part 2

Box contents...

IMG_2970_zps8gltxrph.jpg

IMG_2971_zpsro4czerf.jpg

IMG_2972_zps8tiyuvei.jpg

IMG_2973_zpswfevkbmn.jpg

IMG_2974_zpsbdcz2pts.jpg

IMG_2975_zpsavcbvo1o.jpg

IMG_2976_zpsy22scxlg.jpg

IMG_2977_zpsvhigytvn.jpg

A nice touch by Tamyia to include ballast and a turned pitot tube...

Well I´m awestruck by all the stuff in the box, I´ve had this box for 8 years while building up the mojo to get started on it...well I think I´m ready now :P

Time to get cracking!

Part 3

Before I started on my usual "forrest of parts" I decided to get on wiht my greatest worry...

IMG_2978_zpsibf7hjcp.jpg

Fitting this....

IMG_2979_zpsk1vqlam5.jpg

Into this

IMG_2981_zpsdphprjpl.jpg

Using this!

IMG_2980_zpsmqow7uyx.jpg

First a crude marikign of what had to go

IMG_2982_zpsfuchfzz2.jpg

After a while I got this....

IMG_2983_zpssgr04vvu.jpg

Not pefect drop fit but I can live with this...it will take some more work tho....phew!

IMG_2984_zpsmrd6uzxj.jpg

After that stress out of the world I set up my forrest with resin parts....there is a lot of parts so the forrest will be re replenished as I go on :P

so there we are :D

CHeers!

You never rest that's for sure. I'm still trying to catch up with your Snowspeeder. Looking forward to more pics of this build!

Thanx crackerjazz :)/>

Snowspeeder? Which one? If your at my Finemolds one you have a few models to go through if you're goinv through my builds in order :P/>

Edited by Aigore

Primer...

I´ve been priming the resin parts...

IMG_2985_zps4nxugjzc.jpg

I start off with Alclad black primer on pretty much everything.

IMG_2986_zpsu4cbylgb.jpg

The black primer is there to create contrast when the actual color comes on

IMG_2987_zpsk9wda9tp.jpg

Specially in wheel wells and cockpits where there are lots of details that needs to pop to be seen.

IMG_2990_zpsxkcksq1a.jpg

And the seat to...

IMG_2991_zpsrooam6oj.jpg

Since the base is so dark, it´s black duh, I use a lighter shade of grey for the cockpit, FS36375 instead of FS36231.

This is the base for all weathering and washes and details and already the details pop thanx to the black base color.

IMG_2992_zpspxqiphxp.jpg

The pit...

IMG_2993_zpsh3zrhj9i.jpg

IMG_2994_zpskpdaa8r3.jpg

In the wheel wells you really see the details pop, I´ll put down a thin coat of gloss white on this and then a gloss coat before detail painting and washes.

There you go...we´re really off now :D

Great start.Good luck with this one :D I was wondering how is that alclad black primer?I need to get me a black primer instead of using the revell enamel black mat colors for it :D also I would need a glossy black primer for my NMF builds.I used tamiya enamel glos black but I just can`t find it for an affordable price anymore.

Great start.Good luck with this one :D/>/> I was wondering how is that alclad black primer?I need to get me a black primer instead of using the revell enamel black mat colors for it :D/>/> also I would need a glossy black primer for my NMF builds.I used tamiya enamel glos black but I just can`t find it for an affordable price anymore.

Thanx Dragan :D/>

Well I do like my Alclad primers, they come in grey, white and black and I'm very pleased with them, only weakspot is on resin they can lift if you mask on resin. They cover beautifully and after a quick polish with 4000 grit the surface is perfect.

As for the Gloss Black, I bought a bottle some 8 years ago...and it still ain't finished. I simply adore the gloss black lacquer, the trick is to first shoot flat black primer,polish and then shoot a few thin thin coats of gloss black on top just to get a shine. They all smell bad but they dry instantly I use them as flat and gloss paints and preshades as well.

Having mentioned the above primers I have to mention the Honey Primer too, it can turn any flatbsurface into a high gloss mirror finish and is a good alternative to Gloss Black for those mirror shine NMFs!

(P.S.

Can I recieve my pay check now, Alclad?)

Edited by Aigore
  • 1 month later...

Time to catch up the last months work :D

Airducts..

IMG_2996_zpslhnts3il.jpg

I primed the intake in white and glued it together and taped off one end in preparation for a pour and dump later.

IMG_2999_zpsukpmysvu.jpg

I will not use the entire engine for this build, only relevant parts and the fan front is one of them and it needs to fit in the resin part.
The resin main wheel bay is also the floor of the airduct.
I primed it in white and marked off a strip at the end where I need to thin the plastic to make the fan fron fit.

IMG_3002_zpsc397lcns.jpg

And thus I brought fourth The Dremel...done in seconds :D

IMG_3003_zpschz3mcjk.jpg

YAY!

IMG_3004_zpsqbq4mvom.jpg

IMG_3005_zps0yn3qfgz.jpg

Then I glued the air duct halfes together.... and well the resin was a bit smaller than the plastic...not a perfect fit...oh well I wasn´t surprised :)

IMG_3008_zpsyocxhkmp.jpg

A bit of putty at the front end...

IMG_3006_zps8ggicjgc.jpg

IMG_3007_zpstqzibamv.jpg

Painted the fan front in Alclad White aluminium straight on the plastic and put on a little wash to bring out the details...it´s going to fit deeeep into the fuselage so anything to help it show :D

IMG_3009_zps2minkpae.jpg

A dry fit of the fanfront

So far so good :D

Cheers!

I was hoping on performing a "Pour´n Dump" today....but it seems someone has used my latex paint to paint the kitchen cupboards :/

Sooooo...on to other stuff :P

IMG_3013_zps9skghfkd.jpg

Sanded and reprimed the air duct...

IMG_3014_zpsdsvbqo65.jpg

One end sealed off, all ready to go.... :P

IMG_3015_zps4xgceonb.jpg

Brought fourth The Dremel once again and cleaned off the front wheel bay details on the trunk and sanded quite abit off the back end of the new Aires wheel bay.

IMG_3016_zpskqshckuv.jpg

Gonna look smashing!!!

IMG_3017_zpspja5weyn.jpg

Painted some rough details in the pit...gonna put doen a clear coat in preparation for a wash.

IMG_3018_zpswp5uyyp8.jpg

The bang seat recieved a bit of detail paint as well.

Well that´s all for today I call it a day :D

Cheers!

Pour`n Dump...

Well you´ve seen me do this before really....but I have a twist this time :P

IMG_3019_zpsapdvzkfm.jpg

Paint....things to pour paint into ...and a fishing game for entertainment! :P

IMG_3020_zpsuwe8e5ig.jpg

Pulling paint with the suringe...

IMG_3021_zpstscikash.jpg

Squirt it down the duct...

IMG_3022_zpsiisnt1yi.jpg

Full!

IMG_3023_zpselq94nrg.jpg

Pull the tape off the bottom and dump the paint back into the jar

IMG_3024_zpswafsjqdy.jpg

Now for the new thing, after I´ve let the paint out I fasten it to this home made centrifuge...and let it slowly rotate while drying

IMG_3025_zpsgkyfxn6w.jpg

Second piece into the centrifuge.

Now I let this contraption work over night and tomorrow we´ll see how it ended up....worst casre I flush it with hot water and start again :D

Cheers!

Pour´n Dump 2

Well that didn´t go well...a ridge formed at the middle of the ducts so I had to rince and do it the old fashion way adn the let them stand and drip off.

IMG_3029_zpswfke95h5.jpg

IMG_3030_zpsysbbu6bd.jpg

For the sucker I made two iterations of pour and dump while for the duct I made three iterations...well 

IMG_3032_zpsgnhbbtpd.jpg

With the fan front in place

IMG_3034_zpsgavsl1j6.jpg

And the whole assembly of intake and duct...does not line up perfectly tho :P could be on account of the Aires resin I had to force things to fit.

Well I´ve been doing this all weekend and I´m sick of it and call it done! 

Cheers!

A massive update!

IMG_3038_zpsxq6rlee9.jpg

I´ve been torturing my eyes for two nights now....and all I managed of this detail painting was this :P
First I sat with a magnifying visir only...got my head hurting something fierce and now I wear glasses and magnifying visir...it was better but sheeeeeeesh my eyes are burning!

Well it´s gloss coated and I´ll do a little inconspicious wash later on

IMG_3039_zps6jpy5hry.jpg

I put down a grey wash...looks slightly dirtier than in real life but the details show at least :D

I call it done :D

Cheers!

The battle against the wheel wells continue!

Did I say done?

IMG_3041_zpsyiw1wbbv.jpg
Nooo...I had to add some copper wire and and resin tubes too :P

Next was the nose wheel well

IMG_3043_zpsu4qqvh7j.jpg

Detail painted and gloss coated....I´ll throw on a wash too later :D

Bah, I need to glue stuff...all this detail painting is getting old!

IMG_3044_zpsb0bzr0ff.jpg

Well I finished off the wells with washes and a few placards and shot a gloss varnish at the cockpit and bang seat as well as the wells (pun intended).

IMG_3046_zpsves7vgqo.jpg

I glued in the bird slicer into the intake after painting it in Alclad exhasut and Magnesium.....nice fit of the intake trunk into the intake.

IMG_3047_zpsfieciysu.jpg

The nose wheel well should fit in there....it´s slightly shorter than the Tamyia wheel well...hope it won´t matter.

IMG_3048_zpszr3ydipk.jpg

The well put in place

IMG_3049_zpszlyflabf.jpg

IMG_3050_zps57fugpgg.jpg

And the intake glued together! Moving along nicely! :D

That´s all the drama for today :P

Cheers!

The drama continues!

Fitting Aires resin into any model is always synonymous with sanding, fitting and a bit more work than the average build....But in this build it´s been challenging!

IMG_3051_zpsranvlbqp.jpg

The nose wheel bay is a wee bit short and me being me I had to putty a bit...

IMG_3052_zpsuftxjijo.jpg

With industrial ammounts of CA-glue I got the main wheel well put into place.

IMG_3053_zps78jkyuhz.jpg

And I didn´t get it perfect, I got a slight tilt that makes things difficult, I couldn´t remove the piece and try again...well I mentiobed I used industrial ammounts of CA?

IMG_3054_zpskpjmbcgi.jpg

With a bit of work I cot the intake glued on....

IMG_3055_zpskad3nyd7.jpg

And for the tilt of the bay....well there was only one sollution really, Dremmeling time!!!

IMG_3056_zpsy7wgm0xf.jpg

I had to thin the center piec e quite a bit too... but it fit finally.

IMG_3057_zpspgo6vqvs.jpg

Now I´m however left with humongous gaps to get rid of! I´m a really bad builder...I alway end up having to do loads of extra work to get things to look good or at least presentable.

Well here I am....got some plasticard searching to do :P

Cheers!