This will be one of four kits I am gonna build for this GB. I will get started right after I finish the P-40's I am working one now.

This one will be built OOB. I am gonna do it wheels down and all opened up. I plan on doing the Green Army scheme with the Red and White X's on the tail and it will be fully loaded with weapons. I know the D's didnt usually carry much, but I like the look of a heavily loaded attack plane!! :thumbsup:

Stay Tuned!!

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Some more progress:

060.jpg

I made some stencils to paint the walkways. I scanned the decals, cut them out and put them all together in the right shape and then used them. I have these still if anyone wants me to scan and send them. They are a great help! decals lined up perfectly!!!

065.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

088.jpg

Currently working on decals, gonna take a bit to get all of them done with the odd shapes and tight corners on this beast.

Sean

5 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

Great work Looking good Looking forward to the decals 

Martin H

The decals are fighting me all the way. The carrier film is very brittle and the decals arent taking to the srtting solution very well. Got micro sol and set as well as solvaset and they just dont want to settle down. Hoping a few more appications as well as a top coat of future will skootjnthings out an limit silvering... i cam see it in some places even over a gloss coat. 

Sean

Nicely done... your OV-1 model is coming along well.

I am working on the OV-1A version..  and just broke the landing gear while trying to fit the front canopy...not a great fit (Thankfully white metal replacement gear is still available)

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.

Cheers,

David