Welcome back Everyone!!!

Just now, Crazy Snap Captain said:

Great to be back! Hello everyone. Great job Steve. Thanks for your hard work.

Welcome back Crazy Snap Captain!!!  Thanks for your kind words.

3 hours ago, Zactoman said:

I recall it was suggested to add a "Like" button in the past, but rejected because some didn't want to see any favoritism shown for one comment over another. I'd like to see it added myself.

I'd also like to see the "HOT" icon added next to the more popular threads like on LSP, but tuned so that not every single thread has the icon, only the really 'hot' topics.

I like that Britmodeller has a wider format that fills the entire screen. ARC currently has a large unused gray bar on either side of my screen..

Thanks Chris...I've saved these ideas of yours and I'll look into them.

41 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

Wooo, glad that's over! I was having ARC withdrawals Steve! 

Hopefully the commercial banner doesn't start showing the other "models" if you know what I mean!

Tim

Welcome back home Tim.  The banners are based on what have been viewed by your computer through google in the past.  So everyone gets different ads.  I don't fully understand it myself.

Woohoo! Glad to be back. I spent most my time over at RPF, learning about how to do mods and getting inspiration on my Hasbro Millennium Falcon. 

I almost started building a ding a model while ARC was down, but finding an estate sale full of models cured me of that. 

Thanks Steve for all your hard work!

nice to be back, and a big cheer for those who made it possible. It took more time then presumed, so we got more time to try to build on our models...

do hope that the deceptive site ahead thing ca be fixed soon ;-)

Edited by Silenoz
7 hours ago, SBARC said:

Welcome back home Tim.  The banners are based on what have been viewed by your computer through google in the past.  So everyone gets different ads.  I don't fully understand it myself.

There is an exception to that, which I remember was the source of discussion a few years ago....some of us get occasional ads for dating singles, or for finding Asian wives/dates, or sometimes Russian ones for that matter, even if we've been doing no such searching at all!! That one drives me crazy, and played havoc with my domestic harmony. Every time it happens I click the little "X" on it and it asks for a reason; I always choose "Inappropriate," and it always thanks me for my input...and later does it again. :soapbox:

Thanks for all of you hard work Steve!

One thing I noticed. There used to be a difference between screen  name and login user id. When I tried to login with my user name

it said it did not exist. I tried my screen name and that worked.  Not a big deal at all. Just need to type a few more characters

because my 'user name' was shorter.

Good to be back. Though I too am still getting the site warning on my work desktop computer. May be on my end or something. I'll wait and see what is what. Haven't had a chance to snoop around yet so can't say if I like the new look or not yet. But, it's here so there's that. 😁

10 hours ago, ThatJeffGuy said:

Thanks for all of you hard work Steve!

One thing I noticed. There used to be a difference between screen  name and login user id. When I tried to login with my user name

it said it did not exist. I tried my screen name and that worked.  Not a big deal at all. Just need to type a few more characters

because my 'user name' was shorter.

Yes...that was one of the changes....I had to pick either login name of display name and the other would be deleted.  I figure display name was the best choice.  I'm sure this has confused people.  This latest upgrade is a stripped down version of the program.....I think they were keen to streamline the program.

7 hours ago, kellyF15 said:

Thank goodness the site is back up!!  My post count is lower than it was,  I was at about 1100, but it really doesn't matter... sniff sniff

yup...I think everyone is in the same boat on this.  Some people had negative post counts and that is no longer possible with this latest upgrade.

5 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

At my age, I resemble that remark, A LOT! :rofl:

I think we all resemble that remark. 

I did get the MR2 trans bolted to the engine today and removed the water pump.....the thermostat was not looking good....so I had to stop working on it until I can buy a new thermostat tomorrow.  With luck I'll be installing the engine/trans within a week.  I've picked up some nice OEM staggered wheels that are from a later year.....I've bead cleaned them at a DIY place and now I need to paint them and order tires.  And a CV boot needs to be replaced.  I rebuilt the starter yesterday.  New Alternator.  Timing belt gets installed tomorrow with the new water pump.  It's my daughters car...so I'm basically doing anything that might give her grief for the next 5 years.

20161010_133557t.jpg

2 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I think we all resemble that remark. 

I did get the MR2 trans bolted to the engine today and removed the water pump.....the thermostat was not looking good....so I had to stop working on it until I can buy a new thermostat tomorrow.  With luck I'll be installing the engine/trans within a week.  I've picked up some nice OEM staggered wheels that are from a later year.....I've bead cleaned them at a DIY place and now I need to paint them and order tires.  And a CV boot needs to be replaced.  I rebuilt the starter yesterday.  New Alternator.  Timing belt gets installed tomorrow with the new water pump.  It's my daughters car...so I'm basically doing anything that might give her grief for the next 5 years.

20161010_133557t.jpg

Are you a mechanic by trade Steve, or did you teach yourself to do this stuff.  I'm always impressed by people who can do up old cars.

15 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

Steve

Do you ever sleep? Or are you like me and can not get much of that? Thanks again Steve for all you do! We can never say Thank you enough!

I sleep about 6 hour a night...then nap when needed.  I always seems to be doing something or another.  I've got a vacation to the Philippines coming up later this winter and that is where I relax and enjoy life....beach etc.