Deceptive site warning.

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Agree that for current ARC'rs it's a non-issue.  However, this place was getting pretty quiet even prior to the forum switch.   I wonder how many newbies tried to go to the forum and got scared off by the Big Red Scary Screen?   Not the optimum situation if you wish to grow the forum membership.   Not meant as a slag, Steve has given this 110%.  Just hoping that this last nagging issue finally gets put to rest.  

I fully agree.....I will continue working on it but it could takes weeks to sort out.

Now that the new site is working....I've deleted the database from the old server.....now I'm deleting all program files of the forum on the old server from before the upgrade.

I am also working through the process to get google to remove the warning page.

I did read that .htaccess files were used for the "redirection virus/program" and I check the code manually on the 11 files on the ARC forums and all were spotless.

I will continue working on this as time permits and hope to have this resolved in the coming weeks.

OK.....I've deleted all files and the database from the old server.  I've run scans of the new forum program and the scans turn up clean.

I've sent a review request to google explaining all I've done to fix this problem and requested them to remove the warning page.  They said this could take up to 72 hours for them to verify.

13 minutes ago, markiii said:

Something worked, I'm not getting the red page anymore.

I'm not getting it either.  I'm glad to see that is sorted....now ARC members can settle into this new home.

I continue to have the page flagged on Firefox but no on Chrome,but hitting the ignore button I use the forum free for all the remaining time,but if I close the browser and reconnect,the flag is still there...

No a big problem!

Gianni

Still getting it on Firefox. Tried clearing my cookies, closing and opening Firefox, clearing them again, re-booting. No joy...

Thanks for the hard work Steve. I'm sure you'll figure it out in due time, but life comes first.

:cheers:

I wonder if this is an issue that will take a day or 2 to work through the system?

This is disappointing that the warning page is not gone for everyone.  :crying:

Keep me posted guys.