New Forums & Password Amnesia!

Wonder if anyone else has found their passwords have become invalid each time they visit the Forums now?

If I go thru the reset request process, I can use the old password as a 'new' one(!), but have to do it all again on the next visit...

Same issue here, the error says: "The display name entered does not belong to any account"

Clicking on "forgot password" and then resetting it to the same password via the link on the email works.   At least until I close my browser and restart it to go back to the page when I have to do it all over again.  I have attached a screenshot of the failed login screen if it helps any, it is cropped to just the error message, I can send/post a full screen version if needed..

Have tried using my main browser Firefox 49.0.1, as well as Internet Explorer 11 and Edge.

loginerror.png

Looking at screenshot I notice that the name I originally registered as "jamesp15" wont work, just tried again and this time as my displayed name "jameslp" and original registered password DOES work.  Odd.  So this is sorted for me it seems.   (wow that was a quick resolution for me lol)

With the old forum....people had a

1. a log-in name (that was publically hidden)
  2. a display name (that was public)
  3. a password (that was publically hidden)

Part of the upgrade required me to decide if I wanted to go with everyone using their log-in name or their display name.  I chose the "display" name and this was what everyone knew you by.

I have seen an instance of a display name having a 2 digit number in the display name reversed.

If you need your display name corrected...let me know by PM and I'll fix that for you.

Having to re-enter your password is something I'm not sure about.