Can someone put me into the right direction here? I´d like to add an avatar, but have no idea where and how to do. In my profile I was only able to upload something in the "About Me"-field, which wasn´t what I planned.

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.
typo

Hajo, yes, just click on your default avatar picure to get to your profile and then just klick on that little icon next to your profile picture and drag and drop your jpg there.

However, the forum software keeps resizing my avatar, no matter how large/small I make it, so it keeps being blurred. I guess my Avatar is 110x110 pixels.

Edited by Lancer512
2 hours ago, Lancer512 said:

Hajo, yes, just click on your default avatar picure to get to your profile and then just klick on that little icon next to your profile picture and drag and drop your jpg there.

However, the forum software keeps resizing my avatar, no matter how large/small I make it, so it keeps being blurred. I guess my Avatar is 110x110 pixels.

I think the image needs to be square....for a non-square image...you need to add a border to the image (filler) to make your image square.

At least this is what it seems to require.

Yes, that is what I understand.

However, the profile picture, avatar and the little icon at the top rioght corner are all the same image, but resized, which causes blurryness.

There is also a visible difference if I upload the same image with a white border at 150x150 or 90x90. Had the chance to play around when the avatar still was round.

I know this is nitpicking, but I'ld like to have my avatar show as crisp as possible. Still not perfect, but it's the best I can get it, and I am happy with it now.

After all, don't we modellers always strive for perfection? LOL!

Your avatar is a jpg file type.

From what little I do know....and I'm far from being an expert at this....

For images like your avatar with solid colors and no shading....making that image as a gif file will give you a much clearer image.  Make the original as a larger image then shrink it down making sure your image program is set to zero compression to keep that sharpness each time you save the image. 

Also make sure your resolution is high when you make the image. 

jpg files are designed for the subtle shading of a photograph.