ESzczesniak

New Tool 1/72 B-2A Spirit from ModelCollect

14 posts in this topic

Boxart and CAD posted on their facebook page.

Looks like it's gonna be released in april 2017. Need to start saving.

Great news. I hope it is a vast improvement over the Testors kit(what a dog)! Looking forward to it.

I don't know the 1/72 B-52 is supposed to be out.I have not seen one or found a review.

They are new to aircraft.  They have been around in small scale armor (lot of cold war USSR stuff) and have a pretty decent reputation for those kits.  They have ventured in to what seems like a trend of cold war strategic bombers and this will be their second kit.  They made a 1/72 B-52H that has just fairly recently actually hit the shelves.  The previews have looked good, but I haven't seen anything in the way of reviews of the actual plastic.

And they say a 1/72 B-52G is on the way.Where is the company based?   Russia?

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

They are new to aircraft.  They have been around in small scale armor (lot of cold war USSR stuff) and have a pretty decent reputation for those kits.  They have ventured in to what seems like a trend of cold war strategic bombers and this will be their second kit.  They made a 1/72 B-52H that has just fairly recently actually hit the shelves.  The previews have looked good, but I haven't seen anything in the way of reviews of the actual plastic.

Really? I'm under the impression that the announcement of the B-52H was a bit premature and that the B-2 will make it out to distribution before the BUFF. So if you've seen the BUFF on "the shelves," please tell me where! I want one!

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Really? I'm under the impression that the announcement of the B-52H was a bit premature and that the B-2 will make it out to distribution before the BUFF. So if you've seen the BUFF on "the shelves," please tell me where! I want one!

I could be wrong on this, as I haven't seen it on the shelf yet.  But my understanding was that it was out in eastern Europe and hadn't really hit the Western distributors yet. 

1; The B-52 is not released yet.

2; The company isn't from Russia, it is Chinese.

3; There is a number of issues being worked on to be fixed in the B-2 CAD's.

Modelcollect's FB page says March release for the BUFF and April for the B-2.

Jonah

Am i under the correct assumption that the main weapons for B-2A these days are JDAM equiped bombs, ie GBU-31 and GBU-38 and not their non-JDAM versions? (Mk-82/Mk-84) + AGM-158 as the main standoff weapon.

Pretty much the entire fleet's gone mad for JDAM, so it's a safe assumption.