New Tool 1/72 B-2A Spirit from ModelCollect

1 minute ago, B2Blain said:

Looks like no option to position flaps in a down position.   Isn't it suppose to be a down position when parked?

Thanks!

There will be an option for that. The test shot up there isn't glued and isn't fully finished. 

Apart from some added internal detail, the major parts breakdown look similar to the Testors kit.  Hope the fit is better since the surface needs to be smooth.  A comprehensive decal sheet is a must hopefully by Cartograph.😉

A few things have been pointed out on facebook and modelcollect has commented they'll fix it. Hope they fix all of them, because the pics from the previous page and on facebook their test shots it has got stuff that looks off. First the windscree looks very narrow/shallow, it should widen a lot towards the front, also the upper edge slopes up a bit, while the lower one has a slight kink where the side pillars are, it's visible on side views but hardly visible on others.

A few images showing different angles of the windscreen.

http://imgur.com/a/NvJE0

The ejector seats don't even look like AF ACES II ones and the cockpit's rear bulkhead shouldn't have a door in the middle. I have a 3d view of the cockpit in a quicktime .mov file, but the video file doesn't run on other players and not gonna bother installing it for a single file while the program is already not supported for win10. But was able to extract the frames and stitched them together into a panorama image. As seen here there's no door at the center of the rear bulkhead it's a bunch of wire looms and avionics.

ALEPeOP.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor

Before everyone flips out on the "how much cockpit detail is there" issue, let's just be reminded that there is absolutely no way that you'll see anything past the instrument coaming and the seats at most. 

I think it's wise for the manufacturer to focus on refining exterior details and not waste resources or time on an interior that has no real way of being seen without being a "cutaway" model. 

That being said, there will be a new test shot sometime next week so more panel line refinement. 

Regarding fit - the only way to really eliminate that problem is to mold both fuselage top and bottom as a single 2 foot plus piece (keep in mind the test shot outer wings were not glued in place). This means bigger box and more cost and is currently beyond the technology of Modelcollect which is known for 1/72 tanks. We're worked through quite a few small issues and they've made corrections as best as they can. I suspect Eduard will be some exciting detail bits coming for this one... ;) 

-A

While the face does resemble Mr. Northrop the lack of detail in the portrait compared to the surrounding cockpit details makes me think the face was digitally inserted into the cockpit image i.e. photoshopped - a stealthy easter egg.....

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, AnthonyWan said:

Before everyone flips out on the "how much cockpit detail is there" issue, let's just be reminded that there is absolutely no way that you'll see anything past the instrument coaming and the seats at most. 

I think it's wise for the manufacturer to focus on refining exterior details and not waste resources or time on an interior that has no real way of being seen without being a "cutaway" model. 

That being said, there will be a new test shot sometime next week so more panel line refinement. 

Regarding fit - the only way to really eliminate that problem is to mold both fuselage top and bottom as a single 2 foot plus piece (keep in mind the test shot outer wings were not glued in place). This means bigger box and more cost and is currently beyond the technology of Modelcollect which is known for 1/72 tanks. We're worked through quite a few small issues and they've made corrections as best as they can. I suspect Eduard will be some exciting detail bits coming for this one... ;) 

-A

Thanks Anthony. We're with you. I think its amazing so far!!